“R U sure this is Little Rock?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ashley's At the Capital - CLOSED

Ashley's At the Capital
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Louisiana
little rock arkansas
“R U sure this is Little Rock?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

Ashley's is not a typical hotel restaurant. It is off the lobby of the recently restored and very beautiful 1870's Capital Hotel. A Chef has been brought in from a quality New Orleans restaurant to head the kitchen. I went there for a business lunch and made reservations. A valet takes your car out front (and apparently it is no charge except for any tip you might want to leave). You walk in the overwhelmingly fine lobby and from there into Ashley's. Thought the folks in there couldn't have been nicer, it is so classy that an ordinary guy like me automatically feels to make sure my shirt tail isn't hanging out. The lunch menu starts at $13 and a three course meal for $15 or so. It is a good value considering the type of food, service and surroundings. The menu is diverse, and the dishes we had tasted fine and were nicely presented. The chef came around and was very nice. We asked for a tour of the kitchen and only then do you get a full understanding of the quality of the place. There was a pastry section with three pastry chefs. They showed us some kind of large oven device where they "cure" all their meats - I had no idea that this even went on anymore. The ovens were imported from Europe and were burgundy metal with brass trim (not that this added to the food quality but they were impressive). We toured the wine cellar which can be rented for private dinners. Ashley's hasn't caught on with the locals despite the obvious quality of the place and the place was not full. They have dropped the prices and are doing other things to reach out to the locals.This is definitely a place to try. I have not tried dinner, which I am sure is a bit pricier.

1 Thank jimjade3

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Liberty, TX
“Worth a trip to Little Rock just to eat here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Ashley's was a big surprise and a very pleasant one. We were in town last year for a wedding and stayed a the Capital Hotel. We dined at Ashley's the night we arrived just for convenience. We could not believe the quality of that dinner. This year we were back in Little Rock and made a beeline to Ashley's to try to recreate our dining experience from last year. We were not disappointed. I love the the presentation of their dishes and each one is delicious.

1 Thank TexasSadie09
Arkansas
“Superb.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

Was nice to see a Prix Fixe in Arkansas. The first course I ordered was seared foie gras (In Arkansas!) with watermelon. Foie Gras was perfect and melted in my mouth. My entree Butter Poached Prawns and Langoustines with Fresh Pasta, English Peas and Dill, The Langoustines were fantastic. My wife had Mahi Mahi wrapped in their site made local bacon and it trumped even the langoustines. For the dessert course I three American artisan cheeses and wow! Yes, I said American artisans and wow in the same sentence. I have to say it was a little pricey, but it was such a surprise I don't mind paying 200.00+ for 2 people when the food is so perfect. I didn't even touch on the wines, but they were perfect with each course.

2 Thank Bourdainsarmy
Little Rock, Arkansas
“A must go, top choice in Little Rock!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2009

We ate at Ashley's last night and once again it was wonderful. They are typically busier during the week, but it is pretty slow most of the time which is a shame. We cannot figure out why more people are not eating here, it is by far the best food and service in town. Maybe it is because it has a reputation for being a little stuffy and expensive. I would argue with both. It is an elegant place, but you can go business casual and no one treats you strangely. Regarding the price, you can get the three course tasting menu for only $49 and you can add wine pairings for only $20 more. If that seems expensive think about how much you would spend if you ordered three courses at any other good local restaurant and three glasses or a bottle of wine. You can also order individual items. It is not a limited menu either, there are several great choices which makes it quiet difficult to decide. The other neat thing, which our waitress told us about is that you can do two first courses and an entree instead of the traditional first, entree and dessert. The wine pairings with the three course are not small pours either, they are full glasses of very well selected wines. Did I mention how great the service was, they are very attentive but not overly so and very knowledgable. In addition, my husband mentioned to the waitress that I was going to New Orleans next weekend and wondered if the chef, who came from New Orleans, had any recommendations. Not only did he have recommendations, which he wrote up himself along with additional information he printed for me, he also came out and delivered them and chatted with us for several minutes. The waitress also made a list of the wines she served for us to take home in case we wanted to enjoy them again. A must go, top choice in Little Rock!

3 Thank CHBLittleRock
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Stellar Evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2008

Went back to Ashley's for the first time since the remodel, and we were not disappointed!

Almost everything on the menu was from local sources. The service matches up with anything I've had in New Orleans, San Francisco or Chicago.

I've heard one person complain that the portions are small, and I thought so too when our appetizers came out, but after appetizers, entrees, and desserts, I was completely satisfied. Any more and I would have been overstuffed. If you're the type who loves an all you can eat buffet, Ashely's is definitely not the place for you. But if you can appreciate homemade tasso and perfectly fried frog legs, Ashley's is your spot.

It's not cheap, but if you're looking for that special place for a special day, I highly reccommend Ashley's.