“Why do I keep coming back?” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #108 of 771 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Why do I keep coming back?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

I have lived in Little Rock for 20 years. I cannot even count the number of times I have eaten here. Juke box selection is great. Atmosphere is good for what the restaurant is-an oyster bar/dive. My father is from New Orleans so i know the "cajun" food is not authentic. I make better gumbo (they skimp on the shrimp), étouffée, and red beans and rice at home. The étouffée is very odd indeed. Not very spicy with a color and consistency of southern cream gravy. Ick! If you come here, stick to the basics; oysters, shrimp, fried fare. The po boys are just okay. I do not like ballpark mustard on my po boy!! One thing that really irks my husband is that when you order a draft beer, it comes in a tiny 10-oz mug!! Buy bottled instead. Despite these shortcomings, I'm sure I'll be back. Old habits are hard to break.

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
“At one time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

At one time this was the place of places. I gave it a 4 star because of how great it used to be. It's still good just not I have to have it type anymore.

Visited February 2012
Arkansas
“A local Dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We go regualrly, we celebrate our anniversary here,

Visited January 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Hole in the wall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

I only rated this one average, but I eat here once a week. This hole in the wall joint has cold beer, fresh Oysters on the half shell, and good gumbo. the Po Boy sandwiches are good. One of those places you would pass by if you weren't heading there. It is a good choice if you are looking for a fun casual hole in the wall restaurant with decent food.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Steve L
Jonesboro, Arkansas
“Cajun and creole in Arkansas?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2012

Okay, it's not Louisiana. Still, I do like the variety of foods, and the atmosphere is fun. I've had some good soups at the Oyster bar, and they've featured good chili and gumbo when I've been there. It's a good place for lunch, especially when you want to see nearby attractions.