“Excellent BBQ”

Shorty Small's
Ranked #117 of 787 Restaurants in Little Rock
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Shorty Small's is located in West Little Rock at the corner of Rodney Parham and Shackleford/Arkansas Valley Drive. We have been a local favorite since 1980. Locally owned and managed for over 25 years!
Arkansas
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Amazing ribs... Husband says they are the best he ever had. Service is fast and friendly. Great atmosphere... Servings are plentiful...

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Walked out satisfied”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This location has a very old look to it. It's very unique and different. The food that you get is HUGE! So that makes it well worth the money. The prices are a little bit high. I had the Queso & Salsa and it was very good! I also had the Bbq brisket with baked beans. I was craving for BBQ, so we ate there and it was good. I definitely recommend this location!

• Visited October 2013
Crossett, Arkansas
“Always good service no matter how busy they are”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here on several occasions and have always had good experiences with the wait staff. They have a decent onion loaf which is akin to an onion blossom. The lobster ravioli is good, as are the hamburgers and bbq sandwiches. I've never had a bad meal, but I've never had a knock your socks off meal from here either

Batesville, Arkansas
“Blah......”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Little Rock several years ago & loved this place. I think the quality of the food has gone downhill. The ribs were very small. There was a thick layer of charred meat on the outside & only a few bites of good meat near the bone, with no sauce detected on the meat or on the side. The beans had no real flavor & the portion was small. The french fries were blah. The cheddar biscuit was delicious, light, fluffy, & piping hot. I asked if I could substitute a small salad for the slaw & was told sure. The salad was nice-sized and fresh. However, when I got the bill, I had been charged $2.99 for the salad!! Wish they had told me that upfront, as I don't consider that a substitution!!

The waitstaff were friendly. They seated me & took my order quickly, but a 10 min wait for a draft beer is a bit too long, especially for a party of one.

Overall, it was a huge disappointment & too pricey.

2 Thank Nanniebella
Floresville, TX
“Family had fun!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ate at Shorty Smalls while staying overnight on a family trip. Only bad thing - we were seated at a clearly dirty table. The waiter had to be asked to wipe it down. Otherwise, the waiter was great, the menu is fun and our food was really good. We all had something different - from salad to bbq to chicken fried steak. All good quality food.

• Visited July 2013