“My favorite little Japanese place”
Review of Igibon Japanese Restaurant - CLOSED

Igibon Japanese Restaurant
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've been going to Igibon for years, and it remains one of my favorite places for a casual dinner or lunch when in the mood for Japanese food. I LOVE the bento lunches. Don't expect teppan (made at your table) in the fashion of Benihana.

There are newer reviews for Igibon Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed May 14, 2011

My husband and I decided to dine here for date night around 9pm. We were greeted by the owner and was seated right away. He ordered Udon Noodle and I ordered 2 rolls (Caterpillar and Philadelphia roll). His food came out about 10minutes as I waited for mine patiently thinking that it will come shortly...after all it was just 2 rolls..nothing fancy. I waited, waited, and waited and my rolls never came out. The waitress never stop by to check to see if we needed anything or else she would have noticed that I still have no food. The owner stop by our table after 45 minutes to assure me that my roll will be coming out soon. Yet NOTHING!!!! Let me remind you that the place is not busy and there were only 2 other couples in the restaurant. Finally 5 minutes before they were closed at 10pm, I asked the waitress to get my rolls TO GO since at this point I still haven't received my 2 rolls. Overall,my date night consisted of me watching my husband eat while I had to wait for 1hr to get my food...It was Ridiculous!!!!

Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have eaten sushi all over the world, including Japan, Hawaii and other southeast Asian countries. I appreciate all types of sushi from classic to contemporary to southern. This food was poor quality. I will never go back or recommend this food to anyone. I heard it's gone downhill since new owners? Not sure about that, but this restaurant is not good food.

Reviewed February 6, 2011

This is authentic Japaneses food. Winter months are a perfect time to try the undon noodles. Big thick noodles in a large pot like bowl with broth and veggies. It's a great way to warm up and fill your belly. Another favorite is the rice pot, where steamed rice stuff into a pot like bowl with choice of meat, egg, and veggies. They give you so much food that if you leave hungry then it's your fault. And of course the sushi is wonderful. The scallop roll is my favorite. The lady who runs the restaurant is always nice and has a smile on her face. The waitresses keep your drinks full and make sure you feel at home.

Reviewed December 27, 2010

I used to hate sushi but thanks to the wonderful staff Ive change my mind. I love this place. Ive tried several other sushi bars and left both broke and hungry with a bad taste in my mouth as if I had been ripped off. Igibon was different. I drive 180 milesround trip just to eat there. The many times that I have visited the food was always the same, fresh and tasty. The staff treats me and my family as if we were royalty.The food is top notch as compared to alot of the fancy cook at the table joints. Price is super cheap. A family of 4 can pig out and not break the bank. Average cost for my family of 4 is around 40 bucks. Super happy with Igibon only wish they were closer to home.