“Not greater than the sum of its parts”
Review of Lilly's Dim Sum Then Some - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The food here was a bit different and seemingly creative, but it just didn't taste all that interesting. Nothing wrong with it, but I would not be motivated to return here with any regularity. Desserts (ice cream and creme brulee) got the best reactions from my companions.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our wine club went to Lilly's for wine and food pairing. We are always on the lookout for new and interesting venues. We were able to taste some excellent food with interesting wines. Nancy, the owner of the restaurant had lots of interesting background stories about the wines we were drinking as well as the food, how it was prepared, ingredients, why it went with the wine etc. From the first course, we were blown away. We started with shrimp coconut soup with Oroya white wine. I don't like coconut but this was exceptional. We had six wines with food pairings, my favorite wine was the Gruet chardonnay, a french style wine made in New Mexico!Please try the Monchhof riesling with the panang (very spicy) you may have to tell them to tone it down. The food was fresh, cooked with a light touch and the home made sauces complimented every dish it was served with. What a fun evening! The staff did a great job.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We visited for our anniversary.
When we arrived, we were greeted right away and seated. Our waitress came soon enough to get drink orders. I had a simple beer and my wife had honeybush tea. We also ordered shrimp wantons as an appetizer.
The 5 wantons arrived quickly along with our drinks and they were attractive on the plate and the taste and texture were very good. They were gone soon.
Next came our entrees. I had Thai Ginger Noodles with Chicken and my wife had their Asian Crab Cakes.
Mine had a great delicate flavor and plenty of noodles, veggies, and chicken. My wife's crab cakes were crisp but very 'light' with no oil left in the coating. The veggies that come with the cakes were equally good.
Our waitress was there when we were seated, when we ordered, and delivered the food. Didn't see her again until time to leave. Never checked if things were ok, never asked if there was something she could get us. Not that we needed anything mind you, just seemed to be the weak spot in our visit.
Plus, the prices. We eat lots of asian food and while this was great food, $56.00 for one appetizer and two entrees and two ($3) beers is excessive to me.

We may return again, we may not. The food was excellent, but the price, atmosphere, and hohum service don't quite balance out.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Consistent fresh, flavorful food. Staff always friendly & attentative. This food is better at Lilly's than any Asian chain restaurant in town. The cold sesame noodles are my favorite. Additionally, I like the crab cakes (best in town), lettuce wraps with spicy chicken & veggies and dumplings. Also, try their soups. They sometimes have a Pho soup that has the best broth you've ever tasted. Also try the Ramen soup - homemade Ramen noodles - delicious!

I feel the prices are comparable to other similar restaurants. Not to mention that you will always get fresh, flavorful food & not something that is frozen and prepackaged.

Occasionally, they will run an All You Can Eat Dim Sum special for $13.95 on Saturday's. Also, check out some of the local half price coupon sites as Lilly's has offers on these sites. On Sunday's they run a half off price on wine.

Overall, this is a fabulous restaurant with fabulous food & service.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

The only reason I don't go more often is I never see any coupons. We tend to go to places that offer decent deals. The prices here reflect the food quality.