“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 1620 Savoy - CLOSED

1620 Savoy
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We visited 1620 for the first time. Seven folks at our table. Bekka, our server, was attentive and on the spot. Her service was perfect, everything we needed on time, but she was never intrusive during our visit with friends. The food was excellent. Each member of our party had something different so we had the opportunity to share. Risotto, pork loin, scallops, veil liver, duck, grouper, and salads were all outstanding. The only complaint we could register was the striped bass which did not have much flavor. We topped it off with the bread pudding soufflé, and Gran marnier souffle which were both memorable.

• Visited November 2012

Little Rock
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“3 Strikes YOUR OUT”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Third visit , and was bad as first and second. Decor has changed and was a nice touch. Food WAY --- Overpriced. Wait time long and slow. Waiter staff seems to be the same and very snooty.. Flambouyant owner was still there and way to flaming for our guests and us. He is way tooooo touchy , feely , and girlie for our tastes. Made us feel very uncomfortable . Maybe he needs to hire a Female or straight person to be the front man.

Food was cold , souffle was NOT freshly made and partially frozen in center. Meat overseasoned. NOT worth the near $265 charge with wine and dinner , NOT counting tip.

We will not go back after 3 strikes . They are out !!

“Lackluster Re-opening”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Prior to the renovations 1620 was our go to "special" place to eat. Tonight was our first time visiting since their grand re-opening. The atmosphere and decor are gorgeous: lots of white, taupe, silver, black and moving water with more open space. The food was very good - several items are leftovers from the old menu and with good reason. The most disappointing was the service and the GM was more than aware. Our waitress was cute as a button and green as a coke bottle. She had no idea how to open a bottle of wine, which side to serve/remove a plate from or what exactly the specials were. The GM watched her break our cork on a $40 bottle of wine, not know how the pepper mill worked or how to serve the special order chocolate souffle. Having been a server for many years I know to chalk it up to inexperience - however no GM should allow a weak server on the floor if he/she values their customer base. The GM "thanked" us for our patience on a $140 ticket for two people. We will not be soon rushing back to an old favorite. Proceed with caution.

Memphis, TN USA
“Atmosphere MUCH Better than the Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I visited 1620 recently as a guest in a group of 7 on a Friday night. We had a reservation and still had to wait about 30 minutes. Decor quite nice, and didn't know until a few days later, that it was recently renovated and reopened, as not from Little Rock.

Menu was impressive looking, although to me somewhat strange. My daughter is a chef/caterer who trained with a French Master Chef, so I guess you could say we are food snobs. Service was adequate, maybe good, but not excellent. Presentation ok, but food very lackluster, and mine disappointing in taste. The best thing I had what the souffle, quite good.

The best thing I can say about 1620 is it was a lovely place to dine. It will not be on my list of places to revisit until I hear their menu has changed, and food is better. Too pricey for their quality.

1 Thank ramcclain
Ozarks
“Beautiful decor but lacking in taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

The all newly reopened Savoy 1620 is gorgeous with White/Taupe/Black Deco decor. It's really quite one of the loveliest restaurants I have ever seen. The menu seemed interesting, but pricey for the competition in town. I had really high expectations, but the food quality was just not there. My husband's lemon sole was just fish cooked in major butter--he couldn't taste the hyped citrus. My scallops were not as good as Brave's New restaurant---still the best in town for scallops. They were placed awkwardly on the plate in a buttery looking sauce that I think was just... softened butter. This seemed kind of weird and the flavor of the scallops was overwhelmed, not enhanced. Scallops are very difficult to sear and serve with perfection. They sprinkled a few mushrooms and asparagus tips around the plate, but this only made the small servings seem skimpy. I left hungry. I also had a beet/goat cheese salad. It was just okay, but again pricey like $9. The beets were chopped a bit too small and I prefer my goat cheese to not be in a battered rind. The place seemed very busy, and the service staff were excellent. Too bad, this would be a fun business dinner place, but food quality is not there so would not want to bring guests for more experimentation. They also forgot our appetizer we ordered, but since they brought our salad, we didn't remind them.

1 Thank BMW1200RT