“We are regulars”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband ALWAYS wants to go here for lunch. My water glass is always full. The food very decent. The leftovers always get eaten.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

I expected this to be a hole in the wall Chinese place, but the name really said it all: fantastic!

1  Thank rayohn2010
Reviewed August 15, 2011

After searching for a nicer Chinese dining experience in Little Rock, some friends advised me to check out Fantastic China. Based off my experience, I am pretty confident I'll be back, but there are a few things to consider.

THE ATMOSPHERE:
I went on a Saturday night late enough that it wasn't very busy, so the restaurant was pretty quiet. The first thing you will notice upon entering is that the atmosphere on the inside is not at all what you would expect from the relatively utilitarian look of the exterior of their building. The decor is relatively modern and slightly upscale, and the overall atmosphere is relaxing. This could be a very suitable place for an affordable date or taking the family out for a reasonably priced dinner.

THE FOOD:
The food is served family-style so be adventurous and have everyone order something different! The portions are large enough that everyone could try what the others are having without depriving them of the chance to eat their fill. We ordered the General Chicken and Beef with Broccoli, both of which were very good but a little different than I had expected. The most noticeable difference was that the General Chicken was not spicy. It was more sweet than most I've had before, and although good, it won't give you that slight burn you normally enjoy with that dish. The beef with broccoli was very tasty but also a little sweeter than I think I've had before.

THE SERVICE:
The staff was very friendly and our drinks were refilled before they ever had a chance to get empty, but the waitress was quite slow about coming to get our order initially and then took a long time to bring our check as well. On the plus side, when we asked for to-go boxes she put extra portions of fried rice in each box, which was a nice surprise. Aside from being a bit slow though, the service was good and the staff was pleasant.

OVERALL:
Based off the restaurants I've visited so far in Little Rock, Fantastic China is above average food in a nice atmosphere at a reasonable price. It may not be the absolute best Chinese you'll ever eat, but I think it'd be hard to go wrong with Fantastic China.

1  Thank Matthew M
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I have never had a bad meal here (and I worked across the street for years). I love the Moo Goo Gai Pan. I have no idea if it is authentic Chinese - all I know is it is Good. Lunch is a bargain and dinner is not too expensive. Service is excellent.

2  Thank TravelSueLR
Reviewed May 17, 2011

If this were the only example of Chinese food I had ever eaten, I would probably mark this cuisine off my list.