“Excellant Food”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 23, 2013

It had been several years since we had eaten at Loca Luna. On a Sunday night with many of our favorites closed, we remembered Loca Luna was open. Although the restaurant was packed we were quickly seated, in the last empty table in the main dining room.

In short order our server arrived with the menus and brought water and took our drink orders. The menu is large and takes a little time to navigate but by the time our drinks arrived we had made our choices.

My spouse had the grilled salmon with herb roasted potatoes, green beans and asparagus. I had the seafood platter. She was pleased with her food. the fish was cooked perfectly and her green salad was very good. I thoroughly enjoyed my seafood platter which included a crab cake, three scallops, half a dozen shrimp and a nice portion of grilled salmon. The vegetables were the same as above. We would both order these dishes again. The only negative was the lukewarm potatoes.

The decor is nothing special and the noise level was high. Overall we liked our food and will likely return. Our bill. including a glass of wine, a beer and 20% tip was $80.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

It's not often I would even consider rating a restaurant as so many these days are "a place to eat" some better some worse naturally, but Loca Luna in Little Rock, AR is awesome!

I realize many do not like their brunch, but as diner goes they have a nice variety of different dishes, some you are hard pressed to find anywhere else.

I have had their Pork Oso Buco which was incredible!
I have also had their seafood platter, fantastic.

Portions are large, if you leave hungry it's your own fault.

They also have brick oven pizzas which I am told are great!

Ambiance, staff top notch, friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

where to start...went for brunch on sunday and i can honestly say i will never eat here again. i had ordered the special crabcake benedict (eggs benedict with crabcakes instead of canadian bacon) and when it arrived the eggs were almost hard boiled and the hollandaise had been sitting for a while. the waitress was prompt in taking care of the problem, but upon receiving the "fixed" dish i could tell the all they did was replace the "poached" eggs - only one of which was poached properly, the other again was a soft boiled at best. the dish was mediocre and i would never reccomend it to anyone. two of the people i was dining with are diet coke drinkers (meaning that every ten minutes a refill is needed - high maintenance, but that's the biz) and they got refills sporadically. also, wine service is something they need to train the staff on - i ordered a bottle, did not get a wine presentation, did not get a taste of the wine, just a glass pour after it was opened. apparently they only have processed cheese, nothing real (no cheddar, just "yellow" and "white" cheese products). one of our party ordered a well done burger, one a medium well and one a medium - all were the same, well done color. our waitress was as nice as she could be, just not trained properly. normally i would say the prices are okay, but since i really didn't enjoy the meal, i cannot say that it was worth it. it's incredible that this place was voted one of the best brunches in little rock. i will actually go out of my way to tell people to avoid this place.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Have visited Loca Luna before, however on this visit we arrived early-5 ish to avoid the crowds. The server recommended Lamb to my husband, which he found grisly and very greasy. My filet was very good. Around 5:45 a large party came in and were so loud we couldn't carry on a conversation without raising our voices. Dissappointing visit

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I ate the salmon and eggs and it was kinda bland and the breakfast potatoes tasted second hand, they were cold and little stale