“Good atmosphere and food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sonny Williams Steak Room
Ranked #32 of 771 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Luang Prabang, Laos
“Good atmosphere and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the sort of place where big men in business attire seek out great steaks, and are willing to pay top dollar. It is traditional American fine dining, with the required somewhat stiff but professional service, and very traditional formal decor. I had boudin appetizer with crawfish and the smallest steak on the menu, in spite of which it was more food than I could eat. The steak was however outstanding. Next time I might avoid the giant baked potato, which didnt offer much except lots of starch piled with butter and sour cream, and try one of the other options.

• Visited August 2012

Conway, Arkansas
“Excellent steak”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is my favorite steak house in central Arkansas. I have noticed that when we go with a group of friends my steak does not always come as I have ordered it. It is always perfect when my husband and I go alone. Not sure if they get them mixed up... It is really yummy though. I'm craving it now as I write about it. The sides are great too.

Visited March 2012
Clarksville, Arkansas
“Didn't live up to the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

Hubby had heard this was THE steak place in Little Rock, so we chose it as our anniversary dinner restaurant. We've traveled extensively, eaten at a lot of great places, and this was just okay. Little Rock isn't exactly an epicurean mecca, so maybe Sonny's stands out in comparison to what's available, but we weren't impressed. I ordered the 6 oz. filet rare. It was prepared correctly, wasn't as tender as it should have been and barely had any seasoning. I was disappointed. Hubby's meal was hit and miss as well and he was underwhelmed with the wine list. We ate early, so the place wasn't very busy. You'd expect the staff to be attentive, but this was not the case. At one point, our waiter went missing so long we had to signal another and ask for them to track him down. Unless it's someone else's choice in restaurant and they're buying, I doubt we'll go back.

• Visited April 2012
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
“Classy and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

Classy restaurant on Clinton in the heart of the Little Rock entertainment district. Server and the rest of the staff were friendly and very service oriented. Prices were a little steep and the wine list very under developed. Food was very good in adequate portions. Bar area seemed noisy (duh) but the dining area was quiet and a pleasant place to eat a nice meal and hold a conversation.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great Steaks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have never paid for a meal here and would hate to see the bill but the steaks are great.

Great deserts too. Nice decor.

Visited April 2012