“best italian in LR”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
nursechick
“best italian in LR”
Reviewed May 28, 2010

this is a hidden little place that you will LOVE to find . The pizza and lasagna are to DIE for. SO glad it is just down the street!

Fayetteville, AR
“If you go here...stick to simple pasta and tomato sauce”
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I understand the concept of doing a few things very well. However, if the only thing you do exceptionally well is a tomato sauce, maybe you should reconsider the idea of an italian ristorante. We went here for my wife's birthday and took the family. Our appetizer was calamari that were good, but not especially memorable. I then got a very strange version of Spaghetti Vongole - it basically ended up being spaghetti with what seemed like cheap new england clam chowder poured over it. My wife's main dish was by far the worst at the table...shrimp with spaghetti in a garlic butter sauce. While the shrimp were cooked very well, they were covered in cheap, soggy breadcrumbs, and the garlic butter sauce...well it was basically a stick of butter melted over the pasta. My sister-in-law had a chicken marsala, and while I did not try her dish, the quality of the chicken rivaled a McDonalds Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and her testimony of the flavor was no better.
The rest of the table all got some variation of pasta with red sauce and was reasonably satisfied with their dishes - admittedly, the red sauce was very good. The tiramisu we had for desert was also good, albeit somewhat unusual.
As for the service, it was a bit slow, but charming, very much in line with the service you would expect in the mediterranean in general.
The final nail in the coffin was the bill - definitely not in line with the quality of the food.

arkansas
“Ok.”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

Get the spaghetti or lasagna. I have had other dishes here and those are the only two that I would recommend. Both very good. But the rest of the extensive menu disappoints.
The place itself is very quaint with Chianti bottles holding dripping candles on each table and hand painted murals on the walls. The host, Carlo is also very nice. I wish I liked this place more, but the food is not great.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good italian food. A bit...”
Reviewed November 9, 2007

Good italian food. A bit too much oil some times in the bread and pasta, but all around good.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Wonderful Italian-Amercian style place. Located in an old VFW Hall on Stagecoach, I've always enjoyed my experiences...”
Reviewed November 3, 2007

Wonderful Italian-Amercian style place. Located in an old VFW Hall on Stagecoach, I've always enjoyed my experiences there.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook