“In town for Little Rock Marathon”
Review of Legacy Hotel

Legacy Hotel
Ranked #53 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Memphis, Tennessee
“In town for Little Rock Marathon”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Made reservation cause it was a decent price in downtown less than mile from start line, parking was easy and got into lobby fine. It was decent looking but looked dated and not fresh or up to date or like it should be. Only one person working desk and there was a line six or so deep. Got the room key and got in room, had room with king size bed. Hotel says all room comes with microwave and fridge, the room had neither. It also was missing light bulbs in over head ceiling light, light in closet was hanging by wires(fire hazard), nails/screws in wall sticking out several inches, almost cut leg. remote had no back on it battery kept coming out. Since we brought perishables to eat and had no fridge, wen to get ice and the ice machine was broken. Also, the bed/mattress/pillows were very old and very worn out. Maybe should have spent a little more to stay in better hotel. It was a rough night before a 26.2 mile run.

Room Tip: If you just want a room to sleep and that is it, then it is fine, don't expect it to be that cle...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Tulsa
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My second time to stay in two years. Great location in downtown Little Rock. Parking works fine. The whole place is just a mess. Everything from dead plants in the messy lobby to rooms that make you wonder what did they really do to clean this place?? Could be a really neat old hotel. You just get the feeling there broke??

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Do not book with this hotel! When booking online through their website your room IS NOT guaranteed. They said they do NOT guarantee rooms online. I was screwed and booked 2 months earlier! I didn't have a room when I called a few days before my reservation and all of Little Rock was sold out. I was screwed! I even had a confirmation number but they didn't care!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
arkansas
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stay here over night for visits to Arkansas Children's Hospital. They give excellent rates with proof of an appt at ACH. No continental breakfast, but still worth the stay. We will go back for each over night visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank momof4wifeto1
Paris, France
Reviewed January 29, 2014

ROOM: the room's quality/price was decent. HOWEVER...
INCIDENT: While I was relaxing in the backyard of the hotel, I almost got "killed" or for the very least, "severely injured" by a beer glass-bottle thrown at me from the 4th or 5th floor of the hotel. My feet got cut by the little pieces of glass (fortunately, it wasn't serious). So I filed a complaint to the receptionist, whom eventually called the police. They arrested the unbehaving hotel-residents. I got really, REALLY scared, and wanted to talk about this incident with the hotel's manager, so I asked the receptionist to send my complaint to the manager. I am still waiting for the manager to contact me (it's been 6months).
Moral of the story: good quality/price hotels attract people who cannot behave, and put you, the behaving customer, at risk.
CONCLUSION: it is not entirely the hotel's fault (though, I am not satisfied by the negligence of the manager) (on the other hand, all the receptionists were very kind and professional people) I WILL NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL AGAIN.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AYKB
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 25, 2013

First off this is no 5 star hotel. It is old. My niece and I stayed here on our trip to Kentucky. We wanted someplace close to downtown and the River Market that wasn't too pricey. We are not very perticular when it comes to places to stay. From the reviews we read we knew what we were gonna get. The staff was very friendly, the lobby was very pretty and the room was....well, lets say its seen better days. Still, the bed was comfy, bathroom clean and all the plumbing worked! I'd probably stay here again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Txgirlscout
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We where suppose to goto the Jimmy Buffet Concert in Little Rock but mother nature had a different idea. Yes a Ice Storm Hit the area. Even the Trucking Company I work for would not send drivers out on the roads. Any way they canceled the concert on Friday. I found out at 3 15 pm that this had happened. I went to Hotels.com to cancel my room because I had til Friday to cancel it. Well by the time I figured out how to cancel the room it was 3 30. Well I was told no refund would be issued per the hotel. I called the hotel and spoke with the front desk and he told me that hotel policy was no refunds after 3 pm. I was like I would understand that in decent weather but its an ice storm , the highway patrol has told people to stay off roads and it was unsafe to make the drive from Memphis to littlerock. He said sorry hotel policy and he could not do anything. I said ok let me speak to your owners . He patched me through to a voice mail and I left my info and contact number. Well this person never called me back. Apparently they do not care about their patrons and the negative reviews must be true. Like I said it was only 30 mins past 3 and it was an Ice Storm. I guess I can be happy my wife and I are safe at home and only lost $82 but be warned the owners here care nothing about you all they care about is the money. Still dumbfounded they wanted us to ignore the highway patrol and all the new stations and the ice on the roads and drive to their hotel putting not only our lifes in jeopardy but others on the roads. Remember I am a truck driver so sometimes I have to drive in weather like this but only drive to the closes place to pull off road and wait it out.

Room Tip: Find a hotel that cares and stay away from this one
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple