“Issues with mechanical system”
Review of Hotel Frederica

Hotel Frederica
Ranked #53 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The heat would not come on no matter how high I turned the thermostat. The hotel is two buildings connected into one, and I was in the older original one. The furnace was in a closet in the room, and didn't work at all. The room was ok, but had the flowered spread that is meant to hide stains. Also there was a VCR connected to the TV, so the whole thing felt like 1982. Ok for one night budget stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Non smoking room smelled of stale cigarette smoke, furniture falling apart, dust on everything, after a week, still struggling to get a receipt for stay. The food in the bar, restaurant was not good. The manager in the bar truly tried to be a good host. The rooms were cold and the window heater/airconditioner did not have a thermostat so had to turn on and off. The pillows were lumpy. There was no soap or other supplies in the bathroom, had to ask. Difficult to control whether shower water was hot, cold and it kept changing. Tub appeared dirty. Would have checked out of hotel early but had incrediably busy business schedule. Breakfast had stale rolls. Coffee was pretty good. The young ladies staffing the desk appeared tired and overwhelmed. They tried to be helpful but made it clear that they were fatigued and struggling. The rooms had floors that were covered with carpet that did not appear clean. There was trash near the front door that remained throughout our 3 day stay. The chair in the room was upholdsterd. When I sat in it, the bottom collapsed downward. It was so worn that all of the support had collapsed. The bathroom had a fake flower arranged that was covered with dust and cobwebs. Not a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Terrific experience! Located 1 mile away from Arkansas Childerns Hospital. The room we had was very clean and spacious! I am booking again now! I was very surprised that it was so affordable! Not only will we stay for hospital visits, but we will also book for concerts, razorback events, or shopping!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Sparkling clean, full service, 99-year old treasure. Great young staff, sterling maintenance, springy carpets. Very competitive rates, great location downtown. Instant check-in 4 hours early! Best internet anywhere..5 bars, stable, straight-forward sign-on. Asked for an electrical strip and got it in less than 5 minutes! Cool, restful courtyard. Decent free breakfast set up, nice restaurant, friendly bar. Several well-appointed meeting rooms. I will book at this once leading and still wonderful property whenever I am in Little Rock!

Room Tip: Mildly annoying bright night lights on east side. Ask for a room on the west side or above the 4th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is about 100 years old, and has the musty smell of an old property. Although a continental breakfast was included, the dining room smelled so bad, we had to eat breakfast elsewhere. We stayed 2 nights; the first night the air conditioning in our room did not work, the next day when we mentioned it to the front desk person, she immediately moved us to another room in which the A/C worked great. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, however, because of the definite musty smell, I doubt we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel has the charm of the historic site that it is, good location and the staff are friendly & helpful. The hotel just needs lots of TLC. The faucets were corroded, the air conditioner was not effective & very noisy, the carpeting & windows in the public areas were dirty and from where I sat for the limited continental breakfast, you could see a mouse trap.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I arrived several hours before the stated check-in time; I thought I was going to have to wait or be charged extra- neither of these things happened. I had requested a smoking room but when I entered I noticed there were no ashtrays( yes I still smoke) so I notified Michael and within less than five minutes he had me in another room - an upgrade. I was very pleased with the feel and look of the room. It took me back to better days when everything was so simple. I loved the furniture, and the bed was quite comfortable too. Room was very clean and everything was in order. Staff was quite helpful and friendly. I will stay there again and will recommend it. It was a good price for my budget and was conveniently located to attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo