“Great First Experience”

Cuisines: French, American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
“Great First Experience”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I had heard good things about Terry's for quite some time so we decided to try it for our Anniversary. It lived up to all our expectations. A lovely French Bistro setting adjoining a gourmet food store it reminds one of a French Country Inn ambiance. The menu was diverse and their were numerous items either of us would have tried. The Onion soup was very good as was the Halibut with spinach and a tomato risotto that my wife ordered. I had the Sole which was prepared and presented just right. They have a strong wine list leaning more to French than American selections and our Pouilly Fuisse was a great choice. Moderately expensive for dinner but the food and service make it well worth while.

• Visited March 2013

“True Adult Dining --”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

One of the best places in Little Rock -- and worth the extra cost - the value is there unlike other places in town
The endive salad is terrific - quite large and could be split
The wine list is thoughtful and has solid choices at reasonable prices
Service is attentive
Not on everyone's list - but a quiet and lovely dining experience

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 501casper
“French Bistro”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Tripadvisor calls this American. But it is really Little Rock's only French bistro. Now it has a new chef and its really rocking. The owners Lex and Ellen Golden have traveled/eaten far and wide in France, especially Paris. Occasionally bringing in visiting chefs from Paris. Most recently Chef Duquesnoy who ran a Michelin 2 star in Paris. You may run into some french folks from Dassault Falcon Jet and certainly the moneyed set of the Heights area of Little Rock.

Great wine list. Great escargot, country pate, onion gratinnee, Caesar salad, endive salad, trout almondine, sole meuniere, etc. And I like the steak, especially the big filet with a Bordelaise sauce and pomme frites. Also the potato cake a la L'Amis Louis cooked in duck fat - and I've eaten at L'Amis Louis in Paris and know. An excellent duck confit and boeuf bourgignon. And try the specials if you are tired of the standards. We eat there twice a week and we are in Paris twice a year. It compares with the food of France. Lex Golden is striving with his new chef Jeff to make a mark in Little Rock. Our vote for consistently excellent food in Little Rock, not to say they haven't had an occasional miss in the past, especially with the last chef. Very good front of house in Peter and excellent wait staff in Brent, Darcy, and Tamra. We love it. Bring your own bottle and pay a small corkage fee. Go there and be surprised. John

• Visited February 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great feel, even better food”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

The first time I visited Terry's 2 years ago, it was for dinner with my mother and my aunt. We had a great night: Delicious food (I had the Sea bass), solid service, and lovely atmosphere. I walked around the restaurant since I was told that there are tables within the corresponding adjacent market. In fact, tables for 2 (or more) were set up between the isles of the small shop. It was great for couples to enjoy an intimate dinner.
I did return to the restaurant recently for lunch. In fact, I've gone 4 times in the last 2 months: For business (taking out candidates), or just for a nice time with friends. I found the menu to be appropriately short and full of choices for everyone. The prices were great for the portions they offer. I loved their chicken crepes, the croque-madame, their salads, and their burger. They also have great specials daily. The desserts also don't disappoint.
With a friendly and prompt service, Terry's has become one of my favorite spots to go to.

1 Thank Alexis B
home
“Small but wonderful.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

We had heard about this place and were not disappointed. It is a small local place. Everyone seems to k ow everyone else. Food was great. The wine list was big. Overall a great night out. Because of the size this will not get a lot of reviews but don't overlook this place.