“Gem in Little Rock”

Arkansas Arts Center
Ranked #13 of 97 things to do in Little Rock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Arkansas Arts Center is an art museum and active center for the visual and performing arts. Featuring a world-class international collection of art, live theatre productions, art classes, lectures, films, family programs, shopping and dining, the Arkansas Arts Center offers something for everyone. Visit today and find your inspiration!
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Arkansas Arts Center has something for everybody. They offer wonderful art classes. They have fantastic children's theatre. They have outrageous interesting exhibits like tatoo artist exhibition or slam poetry. The art collection is great for a small museum.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were on a tight schedule so only got glimpses of the large collection here, but I heartily recommend patronizing their lovely lunchroom. With glass walls on two sides, you feel as if you're dining al fresco. I had their special chili -- it was the way I like it (hot), with lots of chili seeds included! Wish we'd had more time. The shop at the museum also is worth a visit.

A sign at the front of the museum indicated that as of January 1, 2012, there will be an admission charge at the museum.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I feel very lucky to have traveled around the country and visited Art Museums from Washington, D.C. to San Antonio to Chicago, and I am very impressed by this Museum. Local investors have enabled the museum to bring in some world class pieces and exhibits that would not be possible otherwise. This is a great way to spend an afternoon in Little Rock!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The first time I visited the Arkansas Arts Center was in the late 80s and this place was a joke then. Now it has a world class collection of masterworks and very interesting exhibitions. The difference is like night and day! I love visiting here because when you add up their permanent collection, and rotating exhibits with their more hands one experiences like the children's theatre and art classes, you get a thriving, growing arts community that is great to be a part of!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Changing exhibits keep me coming back. I'm also taking a grandson to pottery classes. He's enjoying himself and I'm relaxing in the galleries while I wait. Win, Win.