“A Peak Experience”
Review of Bobby's Bike Hike

Bobby's Bike Hike
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Little Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: Bobby's Bike Hike is a great value - providing signature guided bicycle and food tours of Little Rock's Riverfront and Historic Neighborhood attractions, appropriate for a variety of ages and fitness levels. Bobby's Bike Hike tours Little Rock in style, with brand-new Schwinn Comfort bicycles, complete with cushy seats, fat tires, and annoying bells :). Our hand-selected guides are chock full of historical information which is sure to inform and entertain you on your journey. Bobby's folks in the shop are friendly and helpful and we will take the time to teach you the ropes before sending you on your way. Tours include the Historic Neighborhoods Tour and Bobby's 'Tike' Hike for families with younger riders, and our 'Pork & Bourbon' Tour sampling local unique southern treats.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was just passing through Little Rock and had had a vague notion of cycling in the afternoon. I walked 20 paces from my car and there was the shop, as if by magic. The service was dreamily efficient too: I was off and rolling (complete with helmet, lock, map, and bento box for my stuff) in 10 minutes and it was a fantastic trip along a the river on a beautiful autumn afternoon. I had no trouble with the bike, and for the price, it proved itself to be a reliable (not necessarily exciting) companion. The whole afternoon made me fall in love with Little Rock (and I'm a totally stuck-up Californian), and I owe it all to Bobby's. Great service, great price, and great experience.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Bobby's Bike Hike was located right in the River Market, and rental was very easy. Parking for a car was easy, right around the corner. I just walked in and was able to rent. They provided a bike with a bag and a map, and a helmet. They had water available, and the service was excellent. The bike I rented was good quality and in good repair. Easy to shift, steer, and operate. I rolled out the door, to the right, and I was on the River Trail in less than a minute!
They had different rental plans; 1/2 day, full day, etc.
They made a ride on the River Trail a real treat and easy to do.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Would highly recommend Bobby's Bike Hike for bike rentals - great way to enjoy an afternoon. I hadn't ridden in 25 years, so it was great to have an option to practice before buying a bike.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I rented for half a day. The staff is very nice, but although the bicycles look new, they are poor quality. The gears are hard to shift. I also had to put the chain back on the teeth because it went off and if you want to ride at night, it is impossible because they don't have lights.
I also had a flat tire 3-4 miles away of the center. This was also very annoying because they don't come at all if you have a problem. You must bring the bicycle back to them. (It is written on the contract). So I walked back for 1,5 hours, pushing my bicycle back to downtown. Then, the staff fixed the bicycle and charged me for the tire ! They told me it could happen to anybody ! I agree with that, but they have to use better quality tires, so that it never happens. I have never had a flat tire of my life on my bicycle. I only change them because there are old, not because there are damaged. Then, after he fixed the bicycle, I rode about an hour and I had the other tire flat ! Fortunately, I wasn't so far from downtown, so I didn't have to walk to much to bring the bicycle back. They didn't charged me for the second tire. I wouldn't have paid the second one also if they had charged it.
The staff didn't want to give me another bike when fixing the flat tire. He told me that if I want another bicycle, I had to make a new rental and that I had to pay for it, so I waited that he changed the tire. It took about 15-20 minutes. They extended my rental of 1 hour (only), but I came back earlier because of the second flat tire.
There is a map provided with the bicycle. It is also poor because it only shows you the River Trail, it is where everybody goes. If you want to go somewhere else, you should bring your own map. They should provide a real map with all the streets of Little Rock and highlight the River Trail, so that people can choose where they want to go. The restrooms and water where also shown on the map, but most of the restrooms can't be used because there are closed (only open on certain special occasions) or private (like on a golf course).
Bicycle is the best way to see Little Rock. Come here if you want to spend a lot of money for bad quality. I walked more than I rode the bike !

2  Thank Bryant L
Bobby L, Manager at Bobby's Bike Hike, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Hello Bryant,
As fellow bicyclists, we were very sympathetic to hear of your double flat tire situation. That is a very rare occurrence and we truly apologize it happened while you were out riding our bikes. Our attendant, who was working during your unfortunate situation, informed management immediately after you had encountered the second flat tire. We’ve read your review and we’ve had meetings to discuss what could have been done better in your situation. We all agreed that with better communication, your 1-star review could have easily been a 5-star review.
It seems that some of this situation could have been remedied with proper communication and I’m sorry that you had such misunderstandings about our service. While we do explain during the rental process that it is the responsibility of the guest to get the bike back to us in the event of a flat tire or a chain derailment, we also explain that if anything such as that should occur, to make sure to give our shop a call and we’ll figure out a way to help you through it. We post our shop number on each bike for easy access. We do have our mechanic on staff and we do send him out on weekends to help with these very problems. Our attendant did explain this to you before you went out on your first experience, and then re-explained after you walked your bike back to our shop. We did, indeed, have someone that could have come out and helped you if you had given us a call as suggested.
After your second flat tire, our attendant asked a few more questions about where you were riding, because of such an uncommon occurrence as two flat tires on one trip. You had explained to the attendant that you had taken the bike off the paved River Trail and onto a gravel and dirt trail. We apologize, but the comfort/hybrid bike, even with its double-walled rims, is not the type of bike that can handle off-roading. This might explain why you, indeed, encountered two flat tires. We do, however, offer mountain bikes which might have worked better if we had known you’d prefer to go off road with the bike. Again, we are very sensitive to your situation, but we think it’s very important that future guests know that our bikes are quality bikes and we have specific bikes for specific uses.
Regarding the maps, we do offer detailed River Trail maps on each bike (complete with proper Trail Etiquette so you can feel confident and ride like a local). Because 99% of the customers that rent our bikes prefer to do the River Trail loop out to the Big Dam Bridge (World’s Largest Pedestrian Only Bike Bridge), this makes the most sense to keep on the bike. The map also has valuable insets to get you out to Two Rivers Park and Pinnacle Mountain, plus details of downtown Little Rock. But we also instruct our attendants to ask our guests where they plan to ride so that we may provide personalized service of different routes around Little Rock. Because we are all passionate about both bicycling and Little Rock, we’re more than happy to help and offer suggestions on different routes. We do have a variety of different maps and would have been happy to offer you one to your liking. But, as our attendant asked you, you said you were going to stick to the River Trail, so one wasn’t offered you. Again, I’m sorry we missed our communication on that.
Regarding Bicycle lights, we offer those as well. We offer those at no additional cost to our guests. But, when you rented you stated you wanted the bike for the half day and back by 6pm (when the sun is still out and no need for lights) so it was never thought to ask you if you wanted them. Again, we missed our communication.
But after you encountered your second flat tire, we did offer to extend your rental for the duration of your stay in Little Rock. We also issued you a refund for your previous flat tire.
We think it’s important to explain both sides of the event, because we have a dedication to our customers, a dedication to making Little Rock more bike friendly, and believe in the quality of our bikes and the quality of the service we provide. We hate to hear that any guest had a bad experience on one of our bikes, but please note that it was definitely the exception and not the rule.
We hope you will please give us another chance the next time you visit Little Rock, especially considering all of the information provided above.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

We rented a couple of Schwinn hybrid bicycles and rode the River Trail. The bikes were practically new and worked flawlessly. The attendants were super nice and helpful, and refunded a portion of our money when we brought the bikes back before noon (picked them up the evening before, for a reasonable $5 overnight fee). Overall, just a very nice experience. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank RustyCas