“Large, clean rooms”

Holiday Inn Little Rock West - Chenal Pkwy
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Rooms are updated, roomy and clean. Road construction around the hotel makes it tricky to get to the entrance. Parking lot was packed and we had a difficult time finding a parking spot. Check-in was easy and fast. Good value!

Room Tip: Spacious rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Little Rock West - Chenal Pkwy

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I generally stay at Crowne Plaza or Hilton, now Clarion. I decided to try The Holiday Inn and was pleasantly surprised. Within minutes of arriving I received a call from the front desk making sure the room was up to standard. The separate living area with couch and tv was nice and spacious. Overall I couldn't have asked for a better room for the price. I don't know how old the hotel is, but it looks new. Very pleased!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I came to Little Rock for a church seminar and booked this Holiday Inn for one night. The property is rather easy to find, but there is a huge highway project going on that may make access challenging at times. Check-in was smooth and professional. The staff person we talked to volunteered some very useful information that made check-out more efficient. The room was perfectly clean, quiet and comfortable. My only possible complaint was that I had to adjust the shower temperature several times to maintain the right temperature.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was on business made a reservation while driving, it was the very first hotel that came up in the search for little rock Arkansas. I checked in and the manager greeted me well the clerk checking me in was very friendly and sweet. The eye catcher was the bar right as I walked in looked great. The rooms were nice and the area was peaceful. I couldn't have asked for a better place. I looked forward to coming back to little rock.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed at Holiday Inn Little Rock West-Financial Pky on our way to Branson Missouri the night of December 28, 2013. Directions to motel not good, especially with all the nearby construction. The motel has large nice rooms. They seem to have been recently updated. The only thing that was not updated was the old tub. The front desk workers were really helpful with a room change and directions to restaurants. Only wish: welcome coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at this property on Christmas Eve. Check in was easy, but desk clerk was on the phone even as she checked me in. It certainly sounded like a personal call, and would have preferred she would have been more attentive to her guest. The room was GREAT!!!!! Large, comfortable, nice modern layout and very nice furnishings. I did have breakfast on Christmas morning and yes, it cost $10, but well worth it. I had a made to order omelet that was large and very good. I also had all of the "continental" items available. Checking out was similar to checking in. Clerk was on the phone the whole time and I certainly was not her first priority.

It is a little complicated getting to this hotel because of the highway construction. But, that is not the hotel's fault. Overall I was very pleased with this experience and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Thankfully, we stayed here for only one night. Although the rooms are nice enough (firm beds, clean, new, and contemporary), there were multiple problems. First, as other reviewers have noted, getting to the hotel is a challenge due to the massive construction. That turned out to be the least of our issues. The phone in the room did not work. I called on my cell to ask for extra pillows that were never delivered and no explanation offered as to why. The drain in the tub/shower combo would not stay open, so we had to prop a bar of soap in the drain while we showered. We had to call the front desk to ask how to turn on the shower (it is NOT intuitive and the desk clerk said we were not the first to ask). One of the reasons we chose this property is because we knew we would want a cocktail at the end of our long drive. The "bar" was unmanned and never open --- and this was a Saturday evening. Even had it been open, I doubt we would have been satisifed, as it looked as if the cocktail options were severely limited (about 6 bottles of booze on the "bar"). Don't be fooled by the breakfast offered in the hotel. There were some items set out and available on a breakfast bar (the usual toast, fruit, cereal, etc.), but we did not realize that the breakfast was not included in the hotel charge. The continental breakfast is $7 each (for coffee, an english muffin, and a bowl of fruit). When the "wait staff" did acknowledge us and ask if we wanted something to drink, I asked for orange juice. We were surprised when we got the bill and this was an additional $2.50. Shame on us for not paying closer attention, but I think the hotel should also make it a little more clear that breakfast is not free - even though the breakfast is set up this way. We travel through Little Rock at least twice a year. We will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank STLWomanStuckinTX
Seth R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Little Rock West - Chenal Pkwy, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear STLWoman Stuckin TX,

Thank you for your continued trust within the IHG Brand of hotels. At the Holiday Inn Little Rock -West we strive to provide exceptional service to our guest. Unfortunately, we failed regarding your recent stay.

Experience means everything to our hotel and we regret you had a disappointing experience during your recent stay. At your convenience, please contact me so we can discuss compensation for your unsatisfactory experience. Upon a satisfactory solution, I hope that you will give our hotel another opportunity to give you the type of service that you deserve.

Hospitality yours,