“Nice room -terrible housekeeping”

Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed December 28, 2009

This hotel is convinently located near west little rock. The location is a bit questionable and I was warned about safety, but everything seemed alright. The lobby was decorated nicely and they have breakfast in the morning. I like the set up of the room. It had a nice amount of space for working. The bed is VERY comfortable. However the housekeeping staff is VERY noisy in the hallways in the morning. My room was not cleaned the entire time of my stay, despite complaints to the front desk, the issue was repeated. The front desk staff seem polite and give directions well. There was also a fridge/microwave in my room which is nice.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock

Reviewed September 8, 2008

The beds were very comfortable. The pool looked clean. Staff were friendly. Rooms were clean. Complimentary breakfast was adequate. Very convenient to the interstate and remarkably quiet. Probably the only thing was they did not follow was their "saving water" policy. I was very careful to place my towels, etc. so they could be used again. The maids changed everything. I let the front desk staff know they should watch that and they appreciated the comment.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My son's baseball team stayed at this hotel during a tournament and our stay was OK. Our booking was great. They gave us a great group rate and placed the team on the same floor and the same hallway. They boys LOVED the pool and the breakfast was perfect for us in the morning. It included scrambled eggs, bacon, cereal, waffles, sausage biscuits, oatmeal, yogurt, etc. In our room, the toliet did not flush properly after the first night and after two requests to fix it, it was taken care of. The a/c did not seem to cool enough for the Little Rock summer heat, but it was not unbearable. Our bed seemed to make us roll to the middle. Overall, the room was clean and perfect for our situation.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed December 27, 2007

This hotel looked good from the outside so my family arranged for my wife and me to stay during the Christmas holiday. I tried not to let my family know how disgusted I was with this place but I finally had to let them know since I "had" to go to the Hampton for the final 2 nights of my stay. Our bathroom was not clean and the refrigerator had old food from a previous guest. The employees were rude when I tried to let them know the situation.
The Hampton Inn was a great choice. Very clean and everyone there was so hospitable - they salvaged our holiday.

Stayed: December 2007
1  Thank TrueTex
Reviewed April 3, 2007

Short and sweet - I am not sure if there is only one bad apple at this property based on previous reviews but I sure had the misfortune to be attacted by that one. This person was working he front desk and I wasn't the only person that commented on her sour bitter attitude. My misfortune came when I walked out to my car dressed in sweats about 7:30am and came back in the front door because I had left my room key in the room and couldn't get back in the side door. This lady screemed at me to come to the desk and that only paying guests were allowed to eat at her breakfast bar. I couldn't prove I was a guest and everyone was stareing at me like I was a homeless person sneeking in to steal food. I had to have my wife bring down my ID before I could be released, I was afraid she would call the police if I moved. I was humiliated and we checked out as fast as I could pack after I was allowed to go to my room. This was a small balding caucasion lady with a horrible personality that should be put out of this motel.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank TexFlash
Reviewed August 13, 2006

We stayed at the Wingate in August after booking online for a rate of 119.00 thru their web site. When we arrived there were 3 young men checking in ahead of us and I overheard the desk clerk tell them that with their AAA discount it would be 72.00. The other clerk then helped us and I told him I would like the AAA discount that they were getting. He asked if I had AAA and I said I did - then I was told it was a 10 perc discount and my price would be 107.00. So I wasn't happy about paying 35 dollars more for the same room. Also the web site said there was an indoor pool but there is only an outdoor one. Our toilet didn't flush properly and the a/c didn't cool the room sufficiently. On the positive side, the beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Overall, the hotel just isn't worth the price and I probably would not stay here again unless the price went down considerably.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank mttee
Reviewed July 25, 2006

My sister-in-law and I had to travel to Little Rock on business. I found the Wingate through tripadvisor and booked it because of the excellent ratings. The ratings were correct. Yes, the room was a little pricey but we felt safe while there and that to me is worth the extra money! The room was spotless and the beds were the best I have ever slept in at a hotel of any kind. The only complaint we had was that the air conditioner did not keep the room cool so therefore it was a little muggy in the room. I would definitely stay there again and would look for a Wingate whenever I travel.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business