“Business trip to Little Rock”

Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock
Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Hotel was a good fit for business travel. The only problem I had was the internet was very, very slow. I used my own internet service at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
noyankee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

We had a major outage with our Internest service that lasted over 32 hours. All of our vendors worked together to resolve the issue however, the length of time was not acceptable to either our guest or our management. We made a computer available at the front desk that ran off a different network for those who had work that could not wait. It is good to know that you had another source to tap into so your business trip was not delayed or hindered. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock

Reviewed July 17, 2012

My stay, room and staff were great . I will choose this hotel when ever I am in the Little Rock area.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I travel frequently and have used the Wyndham chain for a little over a year now and this is one of the better facilities I have stayed at. This is my go to place when in Little Rock.

Jim
www.kit-llc.com

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Thank you for sharing this experience with us and making us your "GO TO Place" we certainly look forward to your next visit. Our team is rewarded with great comments like yours. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stay at the Wingate every time we come to Arkansas. We stayed July 12 and July 15, 2012. We staryed at the Austin in Hot Springs on July 13 & 14. Horrible, just plan horrible. The Austin did not even compare to the Wingate at all. You set the STANDARDS for ALL hotels to follow. The Austin had nothing in their rooms but a low bed, old style tv's (no cable) with 3 drawers for clothes with either a desk and 1 chair or a small table and 2 chairs. No breakfast buffet at all. I refuse to even put my bare feet on their nasty floors. I felt unclean in the bathroom and it was small. The Miss Arkansas contentants were there as well. Horrible. I expected more from this hotel and got a LOT LEES. THE WINGATE has: Nice comfortable soft high beds, desk with chiar, flat tv's with cable and 3 drawers for clothes, desk/table with mirror, plenty of lamps and lighting, lounge chair and foot rest, microwave, refrigerator, coffee, tea, clean and spacious bathrooms, etc. The Austin only had 1 luggage carrier and I had to use a truck with 4 wheels on it to move my luggage, something you use in a ware house. The cost to stay at the Austin was $10.00 or more with NO FRILLS or BENEFITS and that was suppose to be a price break because of our reunion. I would have felt better staying in a Motel 6 instead. We were glad to be back to the Wingate on July 15th. WINGATE, thank you so much for making our vacation stay and every stay, just like home. I will not stay in the Austin, ever again. WINGATE is my hotel of choice.....ALWAYS. You have so much more to offer your visiters. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
noyankee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

WOW ....thank you from the entire staff at the Wingate Little Rock. Every hotel has it's challenges but when you find one that meets your needs, it makes all the difference. We are very proud to be your hotel of choice and look forward to exceeding your expectations at every visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Needed a place to stay in Little Rock for two days while my husband was on drill with the National Guard. When we arrived, the front desk attendant was friendly and helpful, allowing us to schedule a late check out. The room was VERY clean. Desk chair was comfortable to sit in while working at the desk. The internet was free and fairly fast. The large chair with ottoman was a pleasant place to sit and read or watch TV. The bed was super comfortable. The pillows were too thick for my preference and I never bothered to request others. Air conditioner worked well but was noisy and there was no 'fan' function available.

I was especially impressed with housekeeping. When I brush my hair, lots & lots of it winds up on the floor, counter, sink, etc. The housekeeper got every strand of hair out of the bathroom.

Room smelled "clean." No scent of air freshener or overpowering smell of cleaners. Carpet looked new and clean.

Breakfast was good. Served between 6:30 - 9:30. Scrambled eggs and bacon one day, scrambled eggs and sausage patties the next day. They had biscuits and gravy, but on Saturday, when they ran out (around 8:15) they never added any more biscuits. Breakfast also includes "make for yourself" waffles, white & wheat bread, bagels, cereals (hot & cold) fresh bananas, apples and oranges, yoplait yogurt, chobani greek yogurt, fruit & nut topping for yogurt or oatmeal, apple juice, orange juice, regular & decaf coffee, and a variety of Tetley teas.

Hotel is located in a good area of town, easy access to the freeway and LOTS of restaurants within a 15 min drive time.

Some helpful hints: There is a sign at the front desk stating that Wingate does not accept debit cards, I used my debit card as a credit card and they took it. We had to set the thermostat 2 degrees cooler than we wanted the room; for a 70 degree room, we set the thermostat at 68. Room is a bit dark, only 4 lamps in the room to provide light.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

A good hot breakfast, a friendly staff and our new exercise facility to work off a day of stress, it can't get much better then that. Thank you for your comments we truly appreicate it.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Wingate Inn Little Rock was our last hotel to stay at while on our two week road trip. This review is in comparison to about 7 other places we stayed at while on the trip. I am happy to say we were very relieved that we stayed here. The front desk was friendly, having breakfast included was awesome, and the room and entire place was SPOTLESS! This is a great place to stay with the family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
noyankee, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to answer our survey. It is always a pleasure when we hear that our guest had a great visit. When your plans bring you back to Little Rock, we have a room waiting for you.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Perfect stay, incredibly helpful staff. True southern hospitality. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your great comments about our property, we shall share them with the entire staff.