“Burgers & Salads”

Ranked #14 of 804 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Big Orange is located in The Promenade at Chenal. This unique shopping center offers some of Little Rock's best retail, movie-going, and dining experiences. Big Orange is located at the West end of the center, near the Chenal 9 IMAX Theater and across from the Apple Store.
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I would categorize this as upscale bar food done really well. I had a Thai chopped steak salad. Not over dressed with a tangy Asian vinaigrette. It had chopped red peppers, peanuts, fresh jalapeños and steak tips with a good amount of greens. We also had fried dill pickle spears. Whole pickle spears deep fried in a batter similar to that used on fish and chips. Very good with the accompanying jalapeño ranch. The best thing I had was the falafel lentil burger. Very tasty with a taziki type cream sauce, a lentil cake and falafel with arugula and a touch of siracha. Recommend.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've been to Big Orange twice now and love it! The ingredients are so fresh and interesting, the burgers are cooked to perfection. I've had both the Spicy Pimento Cheese Burger and the Farmer's burger which were both so good. Just be sure and ask for the fried egg on the Farmer's to be runny if you want it that way. Both the sweet potato and truffle fries were amazing. Can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

We ordered the soup special which was gumbo, not really knowing what to expect. OMG, it is the best gumbo outside Louisiana. What a nice surprise. The burgers were also very good. Very fresh ingredients. A little pricey but worth it.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

You can see if you read down that people have some complaints about the service at this place. I've been here once and the service was average for a burger joint. The placement of the restaurant in upscale Promenade makes one think that the service should be better. But it's just... average. Average service won't keep me away. I'm not a huge burger fan, but I did like the selection at Big Orange... being able to choose a beef burger, turkey burger or veggie burger in any of the different "styles" on the menu. We had between us the Hickory Smoke, Farmer Burger and Classic. Everyone was exceptionally happy with the food. The cheese dip and chips were good, and one must try the truffle-garlic-herb fries. It's a casual place... go expecting casual service and you'll be happy.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Went to Big Orange when I visited Little Rock, based on the reviews here and in Yelp. The place looked modern and had a nice bar. Even though the place was empty, the hostess initially wanted to sit me in the bar. I asked for a proper table. After reviewing the menu - I opted for the truffle burger and fries. The burger was disappointing and pretty bland. The meat seemed steamed, rather than grilled and the addition of the truffle didn't enhance the flavor enough.
Compared to other burger places around the US, I would rate it as "interesting but average". Seems like little rock could use a little less pretentious and better tasting burger.
Finally - Service was pretty sparse, the wait staff was focused more on socializing than on service - so no distinction here either.