I was traveling across Arkansas and booked this room sight unseen over the phone when bad weather suddenly appeared. I had heard nothing but good things about Comfort Inns, and didn't know a thing about Little Rock.
When my family and I turned off the highway west of the Airport, the boarded up houses nearby should have been a clue. The sign warning guests to remove your valuables from your vehicle should have been another.
The hotel desk staff was friendly and the lobby looked nice, so I ignored the smell and escorted my family to our room (67$/night, two beds). When I opened the door, the green mold on all four walls had me gagging!
I marched down to the front desk, explained my reservations and was told to try the room next door.
Perhaps the mold only grows in every other room?
No such luck. But since it was only growing on TWO walls this time, I took the room (it was pouring rain and the family was tired) and vowed to go nowhere near that free breakfast tomorrow morning - I noticed the bucket and the leak in the roof directly over the breakfast counter.
With that creepy-crawly feeling on my skin, I slid into bed and fell asleep, only to struggle with the mattress cover all night (it kept slipping off, exposing my body to the bare mattress top), until thankfully, my phone rang at 4:50am - awaking my entire family. Of course, when I answered it, whoever it was had hung up. 10 minutes later, and almost back to sleep, someone was KNOCKING on my door! A look through the peep hole revealed two young males, who weren't dressed for success. When I responded with "who are you?", they laughed at their mistake and left without apologies. Well at least I now knew who had just tried to call.
I packed my family as quickly as possible and burned rubber all the way to the highway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn and Suites Hotel is one of Little Rocks best kept secret. The hotel is conveniently located beside the Little Rock National Airport and less than 5 minutes from the downtown Rivermarket in Little Rock for a peaceful night's stay without the buzzing of airplanes flying overhead and noisey traffic from downtown. The Comfort Inn and Suites Hotel meets the distinct needs of both corporate and leisure guests with its distinct guest services and unparalleled amenities such as an Airport Pub, C-store, and courtesy airport transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Airport
- Comfort Inn & Suites Airport Hotel Little Rock
- Comfort Inn Airport
- Comfort Inn Little Rock
- Little Rock Comfort Inn