“Not bad for families and pets, closest to airport”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #31 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not bad for families and pets, closest to airport”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We spent 1 night at the Comfort Inn & Suites Airport on our long-distance holiday journey. Like many of you, I was mortified to read some of the negative reviews of similiarly-priced hotels in Little Rock, so we didn't shop too hard after we found this hotel and its better reviews.

This hotel is right next to the Little Rock Airport. Very convenient for air travelers. The hotel can get a shuttle to pick you up at baggage claim, and they'll take you back there too. They offer a stay-and-park discount, so you can leave your car at the hotel while you fly out of the airport. This hotel is adjacent to I-40, very convenient for auto travellers too.

Other reviewers said they were bothered by airport noise. We didn't hear a single peep out of the airport during our stay.

The lobby of the hotel has been recently updated, and it looks very nice. There's a large lobby area for their breakfast. The front desk area is larger than most hotels of this class. The corridors were well lit and clean. Our room was a double-double and it was of average size. The sink and vanity were part of the room and not enclosed with the toilet and tub/shower. That wasn't a problem for us, but others may not like that arrangement. Beds were comfortable. The room's furnishings were newer and clean.

The complimentary breakfast offered boiled eggs, bagels, bread, biscuits and hot gravy, premade oatmeal and sausage patties, along with a limited cereal selection and juices. I did not eat there, but my wife was pleased with the breakfast offering.

One note about the breakfast: they serve it from 4am to 9am on weekdays. That's great for early-morning flights, but not-so-great for late check-in's who want to sleep late. Other hotels will serve breakfast until 9:30 or 10am. That's the reason that only my wife was able to take advantage of the free breakfast - the rest of us were still sleeping or getting showered and dressed.

We travelled with 2 adults, 2 kids and 2 dogs. The hotel's website states there's a pet fee of $25 per ROOM. The rate sheet that I signed on check-in stated a pet fee of $25 per PET. The clerk said they've always charged "per ROOM", but I didn't want to have a dispute at checkout, so I crossed out the "per PET" and wrote in "per ROOM". The clerk didn't object, and my bill accurately showed just one pet charge for $25.

The staff at this hotel were friendly and helpful.

[[We found Memphis had a much better selection of hotels in this price range, with much better reviews. If you're travelling along I-30/I-40, consider staying in Memphis. More to do, more hotels with better reviews.]]

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
krysiamarie
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We got in pretty late, so weren't able to take advantage of many of the amenities, but we were happy with our stay. Rooms were decent (with fridges & microwaves), staff was friendly. Breakfast was weak, but was a typical hotel continental breakfast. Location was convenient to the highway (which is why we chose it). Nothing fancy, but a good stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Arizona
Reviewed August 28, 2009

The room rate we received was $70 with tax for one night. My company picked this place as a convenient location to the airport as we had a 9 AM flight.

The lobby, breakfast area are standard fare for most Comfort Inn’s. The fruit selection was weak, but the English muffin and yogurt were good.

The room I was located in (423) has seen better days.

The pry marks on the door near the latch indicated someone either tried to break in, or police served a search warrant using heavy tools.

The rooms are small and certified pre-owned.

The shower curtain is flimsy and resulted in a lot of water on the floor after I showered.

The bed sheets and blanket were a tad bit thicker than the shower curtain.

But, it’s a Comfort Inn. I got what I expected.

The front desk staff was friendly and this place is close to the airport.

I can’t recommend staying here because I don’t mind paying extra for creature comforts. However, if you are on a tight budget and need a place to stay, you will get exactly what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Tennessee
Reviewed July 6, 2009

Needing a place to stay for one night on the way home from a road trip to Texas, we chose this hotel because of the reviews, the convenience to the interstate, and the price. We were not disappointed, appreciating the cleanliness of the lobby, breakfast area, the hallways and elevator, and our room. The only negatives were the very limited selection of tv channels (no Fox News, QVC, HGTV, Food Network and other family favorites) and no restaurants, except for Waffle House, in the immediate area. But we'll stay there again and will enjoy using the 10% discount coupon given to returning guests.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
austin
Reviewed June 28, 2009

I had stayed there before and was hesitate to stay there again but they have repainted the rooms and must have new housekeepers the rooms were clean and the staff was definety improved they were the most friendly of any hotel I have ever stay at. The lobby bar and cafe was a plus even at bedtime I could purchase ice cream at the c store. This hotel hasreally turned their service and staff around from when I was there before

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Fairborn, Ohio
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We have now stayed at this hotel three times and would go back again. It is not located close to Little Rock proper (it is south of the airport by a block or two), but it is especially convenient if you are just "passing through". It's proximity to the airport might be noisy to some, but as medium-deep sleepers, neither my husband or myself were awakened by the planes. This is a pet-friendly hotel and I really appreciate that about this location. The staff here are fantastic. Even with the super-late arrival we've had once, they were friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast is typical of a Comfort Inn, but it does start at 4 am, which is a huge bonus if you're flying out early. Something you should be aware of is that the adjacent neighborhood did not feel safe. However, it is about a mile and a half away. There aren't very many restaurants in the area, but this location has a "shop" next to the check-in desk for food.

The rooms in this hotel are clean and typical Comfort rooms. However, the lights in the bathroom are connected to the fan, which is very noisy. We have stayed in three different rooms and the fan was noisy in all three, so I presume all rooms are the same.

Overall, this hotel is an excellent value for the money and an even better value if you're staying on points.

• Liked — Location, Value, Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Noisy fans in the bathroom. Nearby neighborhood did not feel safe.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Memphis TN
Reviewed September 15, 2008

The Hotel is right at the airport, but I wasn't bothered at all by noise. Hotel is very nice, clean and well maintained. Rooms were average size. Breakfast was lacking and the staff was not the friendliest, but other than that it was a nice stay. Little Rock is the only problem with this hotel. I will not visit that city again. Its a crime infested dump. Don't go there unless you have to.

• Liked — Beds were comfortable.
  • Disliked — It
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Istolethehotelsoap