“Tasty”

1,087 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,516 helpful votes
“Tasty”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Pros: tasty food, homemade style, good value for money, big portions, nice and helpful servers

We had

- duck/chicken and Andouille gumbo soup
It had lots of meat and rice. A little spicy. Delicious.

- burger
Juicy and tender meat.

- banana pudding
Really good.

The hotel lobby is gorgeous.

• Visited December 2012

Mountain View, Arkansas
“An outstanding birthday dinner at Capital Grill”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I went to the Capital Grill for my birthday dinner this past summer. It was bustling when we arrived at around 6:30 and we had about a ten minute wait before a table opened up for us. If we had waited until about 7:30 that evening we would not have had any wait for a table.

I ordered the grilled eye of rib-eye with fingerling potatoes and bone marrow butter. My wife had the burger with cheddar and grilled onions which came with parmesan fries. Both entrees were excellent. We got a take-out order of pimento cheese and chips for our daughter. We ran into a friend and his wife dining that evening. He said he likes the lunch of fried chicken. My daughter likes the lunch of fried catfish. I would like to try the fish tacos for lunch sometime.

It was an outstanding birthday dinner. I'm looking forward to another trip to the Capital Grill well before my next birthday.

• Visited September 2012
little rock arkansas
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a very good place and I highly recommend it. It is the bar just off the lobby of Arkansas's finest hotel...and that is not said lightly...it is the finest not by a little bit, but by miles. You would probably have to go to Dallas, New Orleans or Atlanta to find something as nice and even there, the Capital will match up very well. It is owned by a local billionaire family of the highest order - that is, true philanthropists who have built schools, arts centers and supported charities in the most generous ways. They are also perfectionists and are that way when it comes to the Capital Hotel, which is sort of their private company hotel which they allow us, the public, to enjoy. It is located in downtown Little Rock. Parking? very simple - pull up front and the bellman parks your car for free. Free? Well, be nice and give him a couple bucks tip upon his retrieval - and NO waits at all. So you go in and the bar is SO popular that we had a half hour wait at 9:45 pm last night for a table of four... and they take no reservations... But worry not. You get to hang out in the gorgeous lobby of the hotel which is two stories tall and when there is no party up there, you can stroll on the mezzanine as well. Did I forget to say that the hotel is 140 years old and restored with stained glass, marble, tile floors and gorgeous furniture. Take the elevator up 4 floors and walk back down the grand stair for a real treat. The elevator is big enough to put a bar on. The walk down on the beautiful open stair is very grand- entry-like. During Christmas there is a 30 foot tree in the lobby. Real nice for pictures. So what about food? Well with all the above who needs it? My family loves the food and the service is usually real good. You actually do not have to eat anything or you can have a snack (6-8 dollar range) or you can have a full entree (in the 14 -17 dollar range), So you can get out of there with a draft beer or a bottle of wine and a whole range of food. You can get out moderately or you can run up a bill. I wouldn't take the soccer team there but it can be moderate enough to treat close friends and family. My wife loves their salads (6-10 dollar range) and my daughters like the mashed potatoes. I have had some stuff I didn't love but you know, it is the kind of place that would probably bring you something else at no charge if you asked for it. The wine can be a little pricey for a glass but for all the atmosphere, it is probably worth it. Oh, they have a dynamite jazzy string trio playing most nights. Lunch is great too. Get there at 1130 and you can get in and out quickly and their specials are reasonable. I hear weekend dinners are busier than weekdays. Some guys I know like their lunch catfish and fried chicken specials and I like the lunch salads. Ask for bread and it comes free and it often is this little miniature home made corn bread muffin - 3-4 of them and they are mouthwatering. Desserts are all made by the hotel pastry chef and are usually amazing. The Capital is a great experience. Don't miss it. By the way, a new "French" chef is coming any day and it should be interesting what he does at the hotel. . It is likely he will let alone the Capital Bar and Grill and will not be Frenchifying the catfish!

• Visited December 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Outstanding Food- Great Service”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The Food is excellent, fresh & reasonable. Both the day and evening managers are attentive to guest. The wait staff are happy, outgoing servers and truly seem to enjoy their profession. Jo-Jo and others have worked at the CB&G for 10 years plus. They are wonderful people that are determined to provide both fun and excellent service for customers.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“excellent food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

loved everything the surroundings are gracious and the sercvice sublime--this deserves top rating -chef incredible

Visited April 2012