“Enjoyed the stay, friendly staff, clean room” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock

Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock
Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Arlington, Virginia
“Enjoyed the stay, friendly staff, clean room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel lived up to the Hampton Inn standard. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. Large wrap-around desk was very suitable for doing work. My room only had a small place to put down luggage, and there was no refrigerator/microwave. Also, the hotel is located approximately 7 miles from I-40. Only one hamburger shop and a doughnut shop are within walking distance. There are many restaurants in the area, but all require getting through the heavy traffic to get there. No good running spots, had to resort to the fitness center, which was clean and well ventilated. Although I didn't use the pool, I noticed that towels were placed over each chair in the pool area, nice touch.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenibear7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2010

The rooms were nice and clean however I did have an issue take place in my room. The amenities were also very nice. The front desk employees left a great deal to be desired however the individual working 3rd shift was very nice and cooperative and even went to the fridge at 2am to get my infant milk when we checked into the hotel. I also did experience several frustrations on my stay such as being over charged for an extra nights room and had to pay credit card interest for 3 weeks until it was reversed, the receipt process was very difficult and I experienced a minor injury on property by a light in the guest bathroom that was so saturated with condensation on the inside of the light that it fell from the ceiling hitting me and shattering on me leaving me bruised .when reporting this to the front desk manager he was unengaged and offered no apology or anything else. I called on 3 occasions asking the hotel manager, who apparently takes the entire month of July for vacations, to let them know of the overcharge and the again to follow up on the injury complaint and the lack of attention I received from this... I did not get quick resolution. The complaint was initially met with a, "we don’t take responsibility for injuries occurring on our property," which inflamed the situation a great deal since I have a law degree. On the up side and in fairness, the front desk manager, whom I experienced frustrations with during the process did rectify the over charge and provided an extra incentive under the 100% satisfaction guarantee by taking an additional night from my bill for the injury. So my experience was frustrating however ended well with a proper resolution. I will say the hotel does need to be more proactive with the customer service standards and pay more attention to issues and detail. I am an Diamond member and stay at Hilton properties as often as possible...They stand for customer service and although this ended well, it could have been avoided all together by listening to the needs of the customers and being proactive in resolution.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

I work for big company that for years has chosen the Hampton Inn & Suites in West Little Rock for all their travelers that come to Little Rock. The hotel is very consistent, clean, and the service is great! Any hotel employee you encounter, says hello, is willing to help with anything they can, and really seems to care about all guests. The breakfast is hot, well stocked, and always clean in the morning. The hotel is very busy, with both business and leisure vacation travelers this time of year, and the hotel balances its busy occupancy extremely well with their consistency. I would highly recommend this hotel if traveling to Little Rock. It is a great location, very close to lots of great restaurants.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Businesstravelq123-
Thank you so much for the kind words about the Hampton Inn & Suites West Little Rock! We're so glad that you are happy with your stay and even more happy that we can provide you with superior service with so many trips to Little Rock. If you ever have special requests or need anything, don't hesitate to ask! Have a great summer!
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

This hotel greatly exceeded my expectations! I have stayed at many hotels traveling with my current sales position. Hampton Inn's are always on my list if I have an option. This hotel went exceptional. The staff that went above and beyond to make my stay a great one. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, hot breakfast and a wonderful smile to greet you as you come and go. I'm going to stay here again. Thank you to a great Hampton Inn & Suites staff!

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

We had booked this hotel for 3 nights, stayed one night, the shower had mold growing everywhere and most horridly on the shower head itself, so one could take a mold shower if one wanted, but serioulsy, how does a Huge corporation like Hampton INN let their establishments get in this condition, answer is probably upper management or lack thereof. This is certainly a health hazard, can't imagine anyone staying in these conditions.

So my recommendation is to NOT STAY HERE EVER, if one let's a room get in this condition, I can only assume that it would not improve, plus the mold is there, it stays, gets in the vents and is very dangerous.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jawats3864
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I booked the Hampton Inn for our daughter's wedding in Arkansas and we were not disappointed. We've stayed at Hampton Inns before and have always found them clean and comfortable, and with good service. This Hampton, in my opinion, was exceptional. From the moment I asked if we could set aside rooms for guests for my daughter's wedding to the moment we left, everything was wonderful. Amber took my information and set aside rooms with a reduced rate - she was very friendly and accomodating. The e-mails I received confirming everything were very professional. And when we finally arrived, everything was set. The lobby was beautiful with a fireplace and comfortable chairs and couches. The breakfasts were good - typical Hampton breakfasts - fresh fruit, juices, cereals, yogurt, muffins, rolls, and a hot entree. The room was clean with good amenities; the beds are especially comfortable and soft. With the stresses of the wedding, it was nice to sleep in a comfortable bed each night!
But the most important thing I want to address is the customer service. Especially concerning Andre, one of the managers. My mother-in-law is 89 years old and I had requested her room to be close to or adjoining her daughter's room. When I checked which room she was in, it was a room several doors away from her daughter. I spoke with Andre, asking if there was anything they could do and he said he would "work out something." Well, he worked out something truly wonderful - he placed her in a suite connected to her daughter's room! It was perfect, and I cannot thank him enough for this. I felt so much more comfortable with her being closer to someone she knew who could help her if she needed anything, freeing us up to concentrate on our daughter's wedding. Thank you again, Andre, for making that change and putting my mind at ease. This sort of customer service was so important to me - Andre (and, actually everyone I spoke with at the Hampton, right from the beginning of making these plans) were very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
ArmyGirl09
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

Front Desk gave run around for needed receipts for Business Trip. Unwilling to help and down right RUDE! I don't recommend this hotel at all. Cassandra from the front desk was extremely rude.

Stayed August 2009, traveled on business