“Extremely hipster yet great concept and food”
Review of The Root Cafe

The Root Cafe
Ranked #8 of 819 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I ate here for the first time today at lunch to find an extremely crowded, yet somehow cozy rather than overwhelming place. It's a building that is easy to miss if you're not looking for it. Its popularity has been due mainly to word of mouth although it has recently gained increasing attention through articles in Gun and Garden magazine and others.

I ordered a hamburger that comes with a small side salad. I can honestly say it was the best burger I've ever had. Everything is organic and home grown from the beef to the pickles to the vegetables. In true hipster fashion they served drinks in mason jars, had mismatched towels rather than napkins, mismatched chairs and tables, and offered vegetarian and vegan options. I can't wait to try the rest of the food and maybe go for breakfast next time! I would highly recommend.

1  Thank Galadriellorien

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The staff is super friendly and knowledgeable. Majority of the ingredients are sourced locally and everything I have ever eaten has been delicious!

1  Thank Audrey C
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place oozes with charm and dare-I-say hipness. We were tourists looking for a local spot and so glad we stumbled across it. Food was top-notch and we would return in a heartbeat.

1  Thank Michele S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

On my fourth and fifth try and especially after sampling the Root Cafe's catering spread, I am becoming a believer. I have always loved the owners and their concept but kept hitting stumbling blocks. They monitor their supplies better and when they are out of an item, they quickly flag it on their menu board. The waitstaff goes out of their way to be customer friendly and the food is getting better and better. The catering spread of fresh salad with pecans, deviled egg salad, curried chicken salad and others were a hit.

1  Thank jimjade3
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Everything here is so kitschy. Garden out front, mason jars to drink your tea in. Organically grown food. Vegan. Gluten Free. Get a cookie. They are tremendous. My favorite is the egg salad. Never had a better egg salad anywhere.