“Very pricey so-so food”
Review of SO Restaurant

SO Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SO Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 800 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Evergreen
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We eat out regularly in Little Rock's best restaurants, but this was our first visit to So for a couple of years. It was booming during the Christmas run-up, with several local notables present. Our waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable. The wine by the glass I ordered was not available - no big deal. My wife had halibut, another person ordered duck, and two of us ordered the lobster special of the evening. It took 45 minutes for our food to arrive. We had to ask for bread, and I asked for my side dish when it didn't appear for ten minutes. The delay was because the duck dish had to be prepared again after the first was overcooked. The second time our friend said it was still overcooked (and he likes his meat medium well!). My wife pronounced her halibut a C minus because it was cooked to a frazzle. Our lobster was tasty but was luke warm, probably being held while the duck was recooked. We were offered a large special dessert because of our wait. The shock came with the bill! We had made a beginner's mistake and had not asked the price of the lobster, which turned out to be $65 pp. And I had just read an article about the overabundance of lobster causing the prices to be depressed! In any case, we had a fun evening, but the the food was not very good and very overpriced. With tip, each couple spent over $200. I doubt we will return.

1  Thank Robert L

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I visited friends in Little Rock and they took me to SO. What a nice treat. There were 5 of us, we had reservations. I think you need them here. It looks like it stays busy. We had great service, the wine was nice, and the food excellent. I would go back again when in town.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

this is a favorite of my daughter and myself. good product and excellent service. each time I have been there has been a good experience.

1  Thank robert c
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Keep trying to like it, I go every two years
Still not worth it
Soups have been greasy, tacos were tortillas, fish sticks inside pass for fish tacos
We were only customers at a weekday lunch from 11:30 to 1
So many better places in little rock
And no parking

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This restaurant is in a trendy location in the Hillcrest area of Little rock. Eating with a group of friends in the downstairs dining area for groups. We were served appetizers of shrimp cocktail, spinach dip and mozerella/sun dried tomatoes. The appetizers were decent. We placed our orders and an over an hour later food was served. While we were eating our main course, we are finally asked if we wanted bread. That would've been nice to have during the hour we waited for our main course. I tried the jumbo scallops which were rubbery and gritty and obviously had sat for a while before being served. I can understand not cooking them properly but the grittiness is basic food prep, rinse the scallops and there will be no grit. The squid ink linguini served with it might have been okay if it were served when it was hot. Other members of my party had the filet, snapper and french onion soup. The opinions were all average. Since I did not eat mine, they did offer something else which I declined and was not charged for dinner or drink. The only thing that kept me from giving this a terrible rating were the servers. They were doing their best to keep up and were very nice. We did not order dessert.