“Posh, but no follow through”
Review of Vesuvio Bistro

Vesuvio Bistro
Ranked #80 of 786 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Steet
Description: At this Four-Star Vesuvio Bistro Restaurant, Chef Rosario Patti has left a lagacy of unforgettable fine dining experience that is reminiscent of old-world Italy. Chef Patti brings decades of creativity and culinary prowess to the unique dishes that resonate with authenticity.
Little Rock, Arkansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Posh, but no follow through”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I had a very disappointing experience at Vesuvio Bistro as far as my main coarse. I ordered the swordfish, and it came to the table smelling fishy, I wasn't sure if swordfish was just a pungent fish, this was my first time to eat it. After I was already half way through, my husband, who really knows food, tasted it and said it tasted old. Towards the end of our evening, I started feeling very sick. It turned out that the other individual who got fish at our table also got sick. I thought it was important for the restaurant to know this, so I called them. The manager/partner I spoke with was not caring or helpful. He questioned if it really was the fish that made us sick because we came on a day they get fresh fish, instead of acknowledging that we could have possibly gotten some older fish. Then he said he would talk to the chef and get back with me, that was a month ago. A couple weeks ago, I called to follow up, didn't get to talk to the same guy, but was told that the message would be passed on, and still haven't heard from them. They obviously do not care about their guests when they have bad experiences and cannot admit that their staff may have made a mistake and try to make up for it. I will not return to this restaurant and will not recommend it due to this experience.

• Visited January 2014

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Our First Visit”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I had made plans to dine here last time we were in Little Rock however, plans fell through and we had to return home early.

A few weeks prior to this visit to Little Rock, my girlfriend had asked me where I wanted to have my birthday dinner at. This time, especially for the occasion, we made sure we wouldn't have to return home early. I am very pleased to say, Vesuvio Bistro was worth the wait.

I had not been to their previous location so I cannot comment on the difference in ambiance between Vesuvio of old and Vesuvio of new, but I thought the setting in their new building was warm, romantic and charming.

Our waiter, Mario, was kind, informative and definitely a service professional. He took his time to inform us of the nightly specials as well as help me out with the pronunciation of a few of the menu items.

We each ordered an appetizer (Spinach Salad with medallions of goat cheese, pears, spiced pecans and a light orange vinaigrette- FANTASTIC! The same can be said for bowl of Lentil Soup that I had).

For our entrees my girlfriend ordered the Tortellini alla Panna and I had the Filetto di Maiale con Burro e Melle (bacon wrapped pork tenderloin grilled with sage butter and finished with caramelized apples). Not only were both delicious but both were presented well. The portions were right on. I was satisfied but without being overly full.

The pace of our meal was fantastic. There was never a time where too many dishes were on the table at the same time or where our waters, in addition to the wine, were not filled. The staff were really on top of their game.

For dessert I had the Ricotta Cream Cheesecake and my girlfriend had the Vanilla Creme Brulee. I usually don't order a dessert but seeing as how delicious everything else was, I figured "why not?" Great thing we didn't pass on these sweet treats, unbelievably good!

The service, the food, the setting...first class. I cannot wait for our next visit to Little Rock so we can dine at Vesuvio Bistro again.

(Did I mention their impressive wine list? Cheers!)

Visited January 2014
2 Thank SavvySeth
“Eccelente!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Our first visit and it won't be our last. Everything from food to service was top notch. Antipasto, salads, entrees and desserts were specially prepared. There were four dinner specials besides a extensive menu to choose from. It was a high quality experience and well worth a 30 mile drive for us .

Austin, TX
“A great Italian restaurant in Little Rock”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We are never disappointed with our yearly visit to Vesuvio on Christmas Eve when we visit little rock for the holidays. They have a new location near their old one which gives them more space and nicer space. They have a special pasta dish, Pasta Chitarra, which is finished off in a hollowed out Parmesan wheel. It is vegetarian but you can order with a side of grilled chicken or shrimp, which i always do. This is not in the online menu, so ask for it! Service was impeccable.

• Visited December 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Good food, small portions”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Second time to Vesuvio, good service. The entrees were tasty but portions seemed small for the price.

Visited December 2013