“In a Best Western?”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Steet
Description: At this Four-Star Vesuvio Bistro Restaurant, Chef Rosario Patti has left a lagacy of unforgettable fine dining experience that is reminiscent of old-world Italy. Chef Patti brings decades of creativity and culinary prowess to the unique dishes that resonate with authenticity.
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Yeah, its in a Best Western motel. But that's all that is pedestrian about Vesuvio. It's small and well appointed, but not swanky. The important thing is that the food is great. The menu is not large but well thought out and reasonably varied. I'll visit there again when I go to Little Rock.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Overlook the Best Western location if that bothers you, because the restaurant inside is special and outstanding for Little Rock. The hotel folks will graciously point you to the restaurant location which is quiet with a bistro atmosphere. The staff was very attentive and the food excellent. Our waiter was prompt and professional and helped us pick very good wine. I had a martini cocktail that was made in a premium manner without asking for any special increase in quality. Our waiter perfectly fielded the ubiquitous "what's the best dish" question. I had the gorgonzola salad for a starter which was served on a bed of 4 romaine leaves generously stuffed with gorgonzola cheese, walnuts and other goodies topped with balsamic vinegar to taste at the table. I had the tilapia piccata entrée. The tilapia fish was fresh, succulent and was appropriately drenched in the piccata (lemon butter) sauce which was light yet very tasty. My friends enjoyed their appetizers and entrees as well.

I have traveled all over the world and regularly order tiramisu for desert at Italian restaurants in the US and abroad. Vesuvio Bistro has the best tiramisu I have ever had in any US or international location. It had the lightest texture and was fantastic with "separated" tiramisu ingredient flavors - usually one refers to such freshness and attention to detail with a main course dish, but this was an excellent dessert.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went early on a Monday evening with no reservations, but were seated promptly. Menu is small but has some excellent selections of pastas and meats. Bruschetta was provided promptly and was shortly followed by a bread basket with an olive tapenade. Our entrees were perfect as was the service provided by the staff.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We are in town for the LR Marathon and wanted a gluten free pasta dinner. A Google search turned up Vesuvio. I called for reservations, confirmed they offered a gluten free pasta (the person I spoke made a note on the reservation) and booked a table. We are staying at The Peabody and Vesuvio is a 9 mile drive from the hotel. Turns out the restaurant is in a Best Western! Whatever reservations I had were quickly dispelled when I walked down the stairs into the dining area. At 6:00 PM the restaurant was almost full. We were greeted promptly, confirmed they did have gluten free pasta and were quickly shown to a table. The menu is robust and the specialty of the house is made table side in a giant wheel of parm cheese. So sorry we are dairy free too! There is a separate menu for antipasti - we chose the giant red olives accompanied by a dry salami. The dinner menu offered a nice mix of pasta and meats. We finished with a mango and a blood orange sorbet. Our waiter, Jeff, was pleasant and thoughtful and for no reason comped one of the sorbets. All the tables turned over twice while we enjoyed our meal. My only regret was that I could not have a martini with dinner, the bar looked tempting. Jeff mentioned the chef was a true 'Italian' and after the meal I believed him. I highly recommend reservations, they turned away folks the entire time we where there.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

When I learned that this restaurant was in the West Little Rock Best Western hotel and takes reservations only, I said, "What! No way this place can be any good!" The complete opposite is true. The food just popped as it hit my mouth! Being a chef myself, I am hard on restaurants. But Vesuvio's is top notch! Service, excellent! Food, excellent! Atmosphere, excellent! Pricing, excellent! This restaurant has become a regular for my family. Loved it!!!!