“The real deal!”

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Market Steet
Description: At this Four-Star Vesuvio Bistro Restaurant, Chef Rosario Patti has left a lagacy of unforgettable fine dining experience that is reminiscent of old-world Italy. Chef Patti brings decades of creativity and culinary prowess to the unique dishes that resonate with authenticity.
Little Rock, AR
“The real deal!”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

It is beyond us why this exquisite restaurant is located in the Best Western hotel, which is tucked back in a non-conspicuous and far less traveled area! This restaurant is the real Italian deal, people! It reminds us of the Italian dishes we ate while on our vacation in Italy 2 years ago.
We started off with the Polpetta Di Cranchio, which was excellent and very flavorful. For the main course, I had the Chitiara (spaghetti), and my boyfriend had the Gnocchi Pesto. Wow! Both dishes were amazing. We both had a glass of the Sangiovese Cabernet blend, and it was just ok. Obviously, that wasn't the restaurants fault - but just a head's up that you might want to opt for the Planeta instead. We found it to be a much better wine. James was our server who was very knowledgeable and did an excellent job of describing the specials and any questions we had about the dishes.
We will most definitely be back!

• Visited November 2011

London, AR
“We would dine here again!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Breakfast at Visuvio's was a really nice addition to our stay in Little Rock. Brenda, our server, was very courteous and made us feel welcome at our table. The atmosphere was pleasant and the brealfast buffet was much better than one usually finds in a hotel.

• Visited November 2011
Providenciales
“Vesuvio Bistro erupts unexpectedly with gourmet cuisine”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

In a city with plenty of dining choices, I would normally not eat in a restaurant located in a The Best Western Hotel, but thanks to sites like Trip Advisor, I found that Vesuvio Bistro enjoys a stellar reputation for fine dining. So we decided to try it and agreed that Vesuvio's reputation is well-deserved. The restaurant is divided into three sections. One is bordered by the bar, another comprises the main dining area, and the third is a smaller room in back suitable for small gatherings.
The dim room was romantically lit with candles on each table. We had a cozy corner table for two. We enjoyed our knowledgeable waiter, Hank Daily, from the moment he began reverently describing the evening's specials. Among them were gnocchi (potato dumplings) in a pesto sauce and filet mignon with a huge exotic mushroom cap. Hoping the gnocchi would reappear on a future menu, I took Hank's suggestion and opted for the melanzane alla parmigiana, a delectable concoction of thin layers of fried breaded eggplant interspersed with marinara sauce and mozzarella. My partner ordered the chicken cacciatore over fusilli (or Sicilian couscous). The dish boasted fresh tomoatoes and tangy spices, and was a tasty choice. Prior to our entrees, we enjoyed bruschetta with chopped onions and tomatoes, as well as the delicious and crusty Italian bread served with a puree of black and Kalamtra olives. I enjoyed a full-bodied Syrah with my meal and my partner a glass of Merlot which he described as smooth and herbal. Generally Vesuvio serves a complimentary glass of limoncello following the meal, but Hank said they were between batches and brought us a glass of Nocello--a sweet walnut liqueur that provided the perfect ending for our dinner. Service was impeccable throughout. Note: Since items are a la carte, a multi-course meal here is pricey, but you won't be disappointed in the quality of the cuisine. Reservations are recommended for Friday and Saturday evenings.

jonesboro, arkansas
“Nice atmosphere, good food.”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was staying in Little Rock for business and overheard someone recommend this restaurant, so I gave it a try. I recommend using GPS if you are from out of town, because it is tucked away in a side street. I did not have a reservation on a Friday night, so I sat at the bar and enjoyed a very nice Cabernet. Without too much wait I got a table. Service was fine. The complimentary bread with olive tapenade could have been a meal by itself. Delicious. The place was full and everyone seemed to be having a great time. I had a good meal.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Brenda was our server and she was excellent - very enthusiastic, pleasant, and helpful”
Reviewed October 29, 2011

This was the breakfast restaurant at the Best Western Governors Suites. Everything about our stay was great.