“Great Customer Service!”

Crowne Plaza Little Rock
Ranked #25 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
“Great Customer Service!”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was a distressed traveler needing a hotel room. I went through hotels.com to book my room. The website was trying to book my room as I was standing at the front desk. This took 30-45 minutes. I had found out there was only one room available. Dennis and Dave were working the front desk and was holding the room for me, just in case hotels.com fell through. They were also concerned about me getting charged double, by them and hotels.com. They were patient and had turned down several people who walked in asking for available reservations. My situation ended well, with me staying at this hotel for 2 nights. Very clean rooms and awesome customer service. Dave and Dennis saved my weekend!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jamie R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for the 5 stars! It's Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are so glad that Dennis and David were able to help you get an available room. Once again thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. We love having you as our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I came to this hotel on a road trip from Texas to Indiana, and as a surprise for his Birthday I purchased the date night package, which came with a bottle of champagne, chocolates, 15% off dinner, and free breakfast for $50. I called a few days before our trip to check on a couple things and spoke with Dave, who was kind and extremely helpful. Upon our arrival, Dave was the person that I checked-in with. Remembering our conversation over the phone, he upgraded us to a suite! An absolutely wonderful thing to do, and it was certainly more than appreciated by us. The room was large and the bed linens were all very clean. Our only complaint would be the state that the bathroom was in. There was old soap and scum all over the bathtub...probably the worst bathroom I've seen in a hotel (let alone a suite). Regardless I still feel like the service more than made up for it. There is something to be said for a company that cares for its customers, and that's exactly how we felt. We also stopped at the bar and restaurant for dinner. GREAT food (my boyfriend highly recommends the cajun chicken pasta).

Room Tip: Executive Level!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelsey M
Thank you for the 4 stars! Please accept our apologies for issues you encountered surrounding the bathroom. We appreciate your feedback that let's us know where we can improve. We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with your stay with us. We would love to have you as our guest again!!!
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

First I want to thank David at front desk. My father was in VA hospital and we need a place to stay, called at last minute and David was so nice to help us reserve. He is exactly the employee that everyone hopes to employ. So nice and caring. He checked us in and made sure we knew of all the amenities the hotel offered. He really was a kind man and since he set such a good start to our stay, everything else went well. Rooms and beds were so comfortable, amenities great, and a good breakfast buffet. Check out was easy since we got receipt under our door. Starbucks coffee and complimentary bottle of water. Great stay and thank you David.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you so much for the 5 stars! Its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad to hear that David took such good care of you during your stay! Please come be our guest again!
south
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We normally stay at Marriott properties but they were all full, so we ended up here after checking reviews. We arrived late at night and were really tired. I asked for a quiet room. When we got to the room some guy across the hall was yelling and very noisy and our air conditioner was making strange noises. We reluctantly packed our stuff back up and went downstairs to request another room. They quickly put us in another room. The room was very quiet and we got a great nights sleep. The next morning, we had to leave early and they had Grab and Go breakfast bags with water, granola bar and fruit. Awesome! We have stayed in a lot of hotels and I have never seen that before. Really nice touch. Really enjoyed our short but restful stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Eleanor D, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for the 4 stars! It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that this will be the first of many more stays to come!
Dallas, TX
Reviewed May 6, 2014

My stay here was terrible. There was apparently some sort of flood on the 2nd floor over the weekend and there are very large and loud commerical dryers in the hallway. The first room I checked into was filthy with pieces of insulation on the floor, carpet remnants under the sink in the bathroom and actual filth/dirt in the tub. I requested a new room, was given keys and went upstairs to find housekeeping in the midst of making the bed. When I was finally admitted to the room, I found two piles of carpet remants with industrial staples sticking out - one near the front door and another near the bed. Clearly, the room was not well cleaned if housekeeping didn't even remove the trash. (I think the carpet pieces used to be the "floorboards.") I went down to the front desk again when I got back from dinner to express my discontent and the response from the night manager, Dennis Valentino, was really disappointing. He basically just said that it was supposed to have been fixed by now which doesn't really help me. He made no effort to make my stay more comfortable or to smooth over the situation. I travel almost every week for work and this is one of the worst experiences I have had. I feel that if the rooms were in this poor of shape, the hotel should have called or emailed guests to allow them to find another place to stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, ever. My advice would be to steer clear.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Colleen M
Thank you for taking time to tell us about your stay. I regret that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback. We can not improve if we do not know where we have fallen short. Please accept our apology for your disappointing experience. Each of your concerns have been brought to the attention on management and have been addressed. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the type of quality service you deserve.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My kids and I planned to surprise my husband for his birthday while he was on an overnight in Little Rock. David and Dennis at the front desk went above and beyond their duty to make sure that everything was perfect! They were attentive, sweet and fun! Could not have asked for better customer service in any way.
The room was clean and confortable. The boys really enjoyed playing in the indoor/outdoor pool.
We will not think twice about coming back to the Crown Plaza when we are in Little Rock again. Thanks guys!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Toni Newborn works the early morning shift at Starbucks in the Crown Plaza Hotel. She is simply amazing!!! Her attitude is contagious. She has everything ready and is there to greet you. She is witty, charming and so caring. Thank you Toni for taking such great care of the airline crews.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business