“Comfortable beds, Starbucks a plus!, elegant dining”

Crowne Plaza Little Rock
Ranked #25 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed there this past week for the first time and I was impressed with the elegant dining, live music, bar and Starbucks on location. Prices on room service and dining are high, but it is relaxing and somewhat nice not to have to leave the hotel in order to dine. The beds were comfortable, but the rooms were a bit worn and the tolilet in our room had not been cleaned. I would recommend that they invest in small refrigerators for the rooms and microwaves. It would be convienient for them to at least have a microwave in the ice/soda area on the floors. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and were impressed with amenities they provided. I am planning to go back there next week and am looking forward to my stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear cmsjdb
Thanks a lot for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock! Thanks also for your suggestions. Having microwaves on each floor would be convenient but we'd love it too if we could get fridges on all rooms. We'll be working on that. We're glad you're coming back. Please let us know if there is ANYTHNG we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Have a great week.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed there this weekend for a conference. Found the layout acceptable and service and amenities above standard. In fact the Hotel was perfect for our group and seemed to go above and beyond for us. Ate breakfast at the Hotel also and it was $10 for the buffet which would /could cost double of that in other cities for sure. We had the banquet on site tonight and the food was perfect for the price.

I read some of the other reviews and found them slightly exaggerated. The rooms were fine, the layout fine, bathrooms standard. A clean,private quiet room, no more no less, with a new nice bed. Free internet too.

The only rap at all is that the coffee bar in the lobby seems to be only open in the morning instead of all day.

I would stay there again if I found myself back in Little Rock. About a $35 cab ride from the airport with tip.

Room Tip: go for a higher floor if you can.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear finesilver-
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We're glad you enjoyed yourself and had a good conference. Our goal is provide fantastic hospitality to all of our guests. If we can ever do anything for you in the future, don't hesitate to ask. Have a great week!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Having stayed at the Crowne Plaza many times over the years, this stay was a major disappointment. Wasn't really happy prior to my check in because I was traveling with someon who decided to stay elsewhere because they had previously stayed recently at the CP and experienced bed bugs. Upon our check in, we are greeted by a full lobby and a gentleman that tells us their computers have been down over a week and only recently came back up. We waited quite a bit of time to have to fill out papers by hand to check in. When I got to my room I was greeted by the smoke detector beeping. Another travel companion who stayed on the first floor said the hallways had been flooded and they had fans out trying to dry up the mess. Then, at 2:30 am, the fire alarms start going off. I tried to call the front desk for over 20 minutes- some times it just rang, while others times it was busy. When I finally did get through to someone about 25 minutes after the alarms started going off, they said "sorry, we are silencing them now". Of course at check out they can't give me a receipt because they are still working on entering all the back log of information that they were unable to enter while the system was down. No one dared to ask us how our stay was. Needless to say, we will be staying elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Retiringonaboat

Dear Retiringonaboat-
I am so sorry you had a bad experience at Crowne Plaza. Yes, we had a challenging few weeks with computers being down due to a water pipe bursting. We did our best to get guests checked in and out as quickly as possible. Most guests were able to understand our challenges. I'm sorry that it was an imposition. It sounds like you have had positive experiences in the past. We'd love for you to give us another opportunity. Please contact me at beth.boyd@lrar.com. Thank you.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The check-in process around 4PM was slow because their computer system was down (it was still down when we checked out the next morning). When we got onto our floor, many rooms were still being cleaned and the trash bags in the hall way gave off very unpleasant smells. Not sure if the late cleanup was caused by the computer problem or not.
The toiletries in our bathrooms were not fully restocked from last occupancy.
We were not told about the complimentary breakfast when we checked in but I think they do offer it?
Overall I expected a better experience with Crowne Plaza but I was disappointed, maybe it would be a different story if there were no computer problems?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Veronica X-
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Little Rock. I'm sorry you weren't totally satisfied and I understand. Yes, we had major computer issues which did affect other areas of service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to give you the service you expect and deserve. Please contact me at beth.boyd@lrar.com. Best Regards.

Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

The staff here was so friendly. The lady at the coffee shop went out of her way to help me. She was wonderful. The rooms and the entire property were very clean. Only negative was the bathroom was very tight. But overall a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Lfferg
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. If you return to Little Rock we hope you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to contact us. Best Regards

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed here for visit with family. Room was quite nice and quiet even with the hotel being close 2 the interstate. all staff we're pleasant.Breakfast was very good. Nice stay.Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear arkyelephantlovers
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock! We love our meetings guests and are very glad you were pleased with our facilties and service. Please contact us anytime we can assist you. Best Regards!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Little Rock has limited options for reasonably priced group meetings. The meeting rooms and Group Sales staff do a great job coordinating our group training event. The catered meals are well done and reasonably priced. The rooms are clean and good sized. The location is in a good accessible and safe location. We will continue to use them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business