“Very Nice!!!”

Crowne Plaza Little Rock
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed July 16, 2011

After booking this room we started reading some of the reviews of this hotel. So by the time I arrived I was really starting to wonder if this was a good choice or not, especially since this was also the location of the business meeting my wife was attending. We arrived early and was not expecting to get into a room for another hour or so. As we were getting out of our vehicle a hotel employee met us and in conversation said maybe we should check and see if a room was available. To our surprise it was. After checking in he helped us get our luggage to our room. The room was very nice, with a nice view overlooking the lower portion of the hotel dining area. The beds were very soft and comfortable, maybe a little on the too soft side, but we slept very well. The flat screen TV worked well and we had excellent connection to wireless internet. We did not have breakfast or swim, but the pool looked very inviting. Every time we walked through the lobby we were always asked by the staff how we were doing and if we needed anything. Over all it was a GREAT stay and we would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Dear SS1_Arkansas-
Thank you so much for your kind words about Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We strive daily to give every guest the service they expect and deserve. We're so glad you were pleased and shared that with others. We have many loyal, repeat customers and hope you will join the ranks! If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a great weekend!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Little Rock

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Wife and I stayed here for a few days in late March 2011 for our one year wedding anniversary. Everybody we encounter was friendly, especially Allison at the front desk. The hotel looks beautiful throughout, love the live band and the atrium view from the room. Had a room on the 5th floor club level, need a key to get to the floor. We never ate anything from the club during open hours, but would go in there to get a couple cokes or water when needed. Restaurant is very good, not very busy, it was only us and another woman at another table. Took a while to get seated, I guess because the waitress was doing other things since the lack of patrons. The food was good, but it's a bit pricey. For the two of us, our bill totaled 40 bucks for an order of angel hair pasta and spaghetti.

The rooms are very nice, love the HD channels and the fact they have an LG brand TV (best brand IMO) hanging on the wall. We had a view of the atrium. It was also nice to have two robes in the armoire.

The hot water did take quite a while to get hot, as noted by previous reviewers. Up to five minutes at times.

The king size bed, while it looks comfy, was not in the slightest. Probably the worst bed I've ever slept on in a hotel. Again, as noted by a previous reviewer, the mattress, sank so, so low. anytime I sat up in it from the right side, I felt like I had to hang on to keep from "falling" into the center. My wife and I both had trouble sleeping because we would both sink to the center of the bed and be pressed together very tightly, to the extent that it was uncomfortable. When trying to get out of bed, I felt as it I was trying to climb out of a hole. These beds were terrible, and they need desperate replacing...

I will likely not return to this hotel. This was the first time I had stayed at an ICH hotel, and probably will just go back to sticking with being a loyal Marriott and Hyatt customer. If not for the beds, I'd definitely be back. Perhaps if I get news of this problem being eliminated, I'll return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Dear Arkeith2002-
Thank you for your review of the Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We're so glad you enjoyed the Hotel but we are disappointed the bed was not good! We buy new mattresses in phases and obviously the room you were in needs to be addressed. Would you mind emailing me the information regarding your stay so we can fix the bed issue in that room--sales@crowneplazalittlerock.com We would certainly like for you to stay for us the next time you're in Little Rock. Please feel free to contact us anytime. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

I would give this place less than zero stars if I could. Freak manager kicked out a customer for NO reason. Was gone for 14 hours per day with a dying friend, came back to hotel to find he was locked out. And that was the 2nd night. The prior night the manager and a cop broke into the room when he was sleeping. Seriously, unreal. Manager was worried the room service bill wouldn't get paid (like there is not a credit card on file when one checks in?). I hope this guy loses his job, is quite a nutcase. I know each hotel is individually owned but this makes me want to avoid the entire chain of hotels. I smell a lawsuit. How would you feel if you were at a hospital with a dying friend for 14 hours a day, just want to go to your hotel to get some sleep, and some dork manager thinks he's Batman and needs to screw up an already horrible week by claiming you surely weren't going to pay your bill? And by the way, the hotel isn't very nice.

Room Tip: Don't even bother staying with these morons
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank shrimppoboy
BethBoyd, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear shrimppoboy:
As travelers know, Hotels do not ask customers to leave for no reason. And as my Granddad used to tell me, no matter how thin you pour the pancake, there are always two sides. We do not intend to debate this on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 7, 2011

We got this because of the good reviews we found online. Those reviews are incredibly misleading. For what is supposedly a nice hotel, here are all the problems we found during our 3 night stay over the July 4th weekend. We had two rooms.

- At the time of check-in, they cant tell if two rooms right next to each other are actually connected rooms or not. I thought this was insane. We got lucky and ended up with connected rooms, but makes me wonder what it would have been like had this not worked out.
- No coffee maker in one of the rooms, had to request one.
- Maid service came in at 7am on Sunday morning to clean one of the rooms. Made absolutely no sense.
- Maid service cleaned one of the rooms but not the other during our first day of staying there.
- The room service waffles and pancakes were stale and rubbery at 10 AM (i.e. we don't think they were cooked to order).
- One of the main elevators was broken and stayed broken during the 3 days we were there. Meant long waits and often cramped rides.
- The ice-maker and vending machine on our floor were broken through the duration of our stay. Had to go down a floor to get ice.
- Paid cash to the room service server at the time of service but was still charged the amount when checking out. We realized the error after we left. To their credit they fixed it - but how are there no checks and balances for that sort of thing?
- Saturday night, the elevator and the floor we were on smelled like weed. As nasty as that was, this was also ironic because of the next item on this list.
- There is always an armed and uniformed police officer at the front door staring people down as they walk into the hotel. No, no, that isn't awkward at all... Oh, and someone really has some pull with the Little Rock Police Department to get that kind of love.
- Saturday night, the room above partied nonstop all night and kept waking up the baby.
- The toilets flush with this loud whooshing sound (think airplane toilet x 10). This means you know when your neighbor is in the loo, and the noise is so loud that going to the bathroom at night meant waking up everyone in the room. This was by design because both of our rooms had toilets that did this, and both of the rooms on either side of us did the same thing (we could hear them everytime they flushed).
- The rooms do not have any closets.
- In place of a closet, there is this really big and sort of odd wardrobe cabinet in the middle of the room. The cabinet itself is fine, but the placement is terrible. Its obstructive and we would end up hitting it every time we walked past it.

Also, something that really bugged us because we have been at other crowne plazas before: there was no fridge in either room, and there was only a single microwave located all the way down in the front lobby.

In a nutshell, this is like a Motel 6 - actually even they aren't this bad because they don't profess to being anything but a budget hotel. We will never stay at a Crowne Plaza ever again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Dear Sixspeedtrick-
We are very sorry you weren't pleased with the Crowne Plaza Little Rock. As you said, we get positive reviews and we also have guests that return many times when they come to Little Rock. I'm very glad our desk had you blocked in the connecting rooms you requested. As with most full service hotels in the city, we do not have refrigerators and microwaves in every room. This is something that can be requested and we are happy to oblige if we have availability. Instead of hiring a security firm, we employ off-duty Little Rock Police Officers, again, as most full service Hotels do in the City. We have received numerous awards for our customer service & facilities. I'm sorry that it did not meet your standards.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Great remodel. Very chic for the price. Only bad thing is the Showers were hand held. Great bar area and live music. Excellent lunch and breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: June 2011

Dear MonicaJ711--
Thank you so much for staying with the Crowne Plaza Little Rock! There are only a few rooms that have the handheld showers so if you will contact us next time, we can make sure that you have a traditional showerhead. We're so glad you enjoyed the entertainment and restaurant. We hope you will stay with us again! If there is anything we can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a great rest of the summer!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is our second time to use the Crowne Plaza Little Rock for our girls night out/in or Staycation. We live in the area, but we like to stay here so that we don't have to worry about driving home, husbands, or children:-) The rooms are great. The hotel has been well rennovated from when it was a Holiday Inn. I've stayed here probably 5 times or so. This time we stayed on the 5th floor which provided nightly "snacks". There was enough there that we really didn't need dinner. We did have dinner though in the hotel, just because we didn't want to get dressed up and go out. It's an ok restaurant. My steak was good, but the fish was not. But, in Little Rock there are so many close restaurants and places to go that I wouldn't let this effect my review.

The hotel in my opinion is more of a conference and day time meetings place. Which means when I have stayed the night, there are usually a ton of families. Which I enjoy!! I like having the place to myself on the weekends. We layed out at the pool and had a great time! The pool is a little bit on the small side, but there is an indoor side and an outdoor side with plenty of places to layout! Service was excellent all the way around!!!

The only reason I wouldn't stay here is if I were in for business downtown. But other than that Loved, Loved, Loved it!!!! Thanks so much for the great weekend!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I was looking for a local hotel for a spur of the minute “staycation”. I called this hotel to inquire as to the best available rate and any promotions. I was given a decent rate and told that the promotion included a free breakfast voucher. I asked for how many vouchers and was told one for everyone in the party of 4. I was also told that my Priority Club membership would allow a free upgrade to the concierge floor. When I checked in I was told that the promotion was for only 2 breakfast vouchers with the option to buy two more and the upgrade to the concierge floor would cost $15.00. I explained that was not what I was quoted over the phone and chose to pass on the additional vouchers but buy the upgrade. There was no offer to honor the price and amenities offered over the phone. This place has a nice indoor/outdoor pool and the concierge floor is worth the upgrade price as they offer evening snacks and a decent breakfast. Good location for out of towners as it has many good restraints around and very close to the I -430/I-630 interchange

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family