“Never had a bad experience here-it's always excellent!”

Istanbul Mediterranean Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 791 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: Turkish
Camden, Arkansas
“Never had a bad experience here-it's always excellent!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This might be my favorite restaurant ever. The food is consistently delicious. The lentil soup is wonderful and hearty. The rice is amazing. The shepard salad and mediterranean salad are both light and tangy and delicious. The beef and lamb doner with cacik is off the charts! I wish I could bring myself to try other things, but I always go back for the doner. I've had the iskender kebab also, and it's wonderful also, but the donner is money! One lucky late night, the manager came out and gave us baklava! Fantastic! Everything I've ever had from this place is fresh and delicious. I can't speak for authenticity as I have never traveled to the Mediterranean, but if you want yummy food and great service, this is a great place. It is small, so if you have a large party, it might be more difficult to accommodate you here. It is more appropriate for small parties.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bodacious_Ol

• Turkish first
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Seriously ?? This is not authentic Turkish Food”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Go to any restaurant in Turkey and you will not be asked what your soup or salad choice will
be. You'll be offered your choice of drink first and then offered a Meze ( appetizer ), while
you decide on your main course, or while the main course is being prepared.
Restaurants like these just try to fill you up with a salad or soup and then serve you a second
or third class main course.
I once had a restaurant in Arkansas serve me mustard on a Kebap. That's a Turkish Kabob/Kabab depending on how you want to spell it.
I lived 8 years in Turkey and I'm telling you, this restaurant is not serving authentic Turkish
Cuisine and neither is any other Turkish/Mediterranean restaurant in Little rock.

They serve Americanized Mediterranean food

• Visited August 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent Turkish food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We love this place! We've been many times, but went most recently, a few weeks ago. The meals come with soup & salad, a choice of side item and pita bread. You get so much food for your money here. We ordered the hummus for an appetizer this time. It was very good, very authentic, served with pita bread and was a large portion. Definitely enough for 3-4 people. We had the lentil soup, which Im not a fan of, but my husband liked and the tomato soup, which we both liked. We both had the greek salads, which are great. For entrees we had the lamb and the chicken kebobs. Both were delicious, the rice, french fries and veggie were perfect. The price is very reasonable and the staff is friendly. It isnt a large place, but we sat in a booth and didnt feel crowded.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank kmack143
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Amazing, Authentic Food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I was beyond excited to find this place. After putting up with other Mediterranean restaurants in the area, finally eating authentic Turkish food in Arkansas was amazing. I had my first turkish coffee in nearly a year, and the baklava - do yourself a favor and save room for it. The lentil soup was rich and delicious, and my kofte was spot on. Even if you've never had Turkish food and aren't sure about trying it, just go for it. The ingredients were fresh and simple, the portions were good (I had leftovers), and my server was incredibly sweet. I came at a down time, and after my waitress found out that I'd visited Turkey, was kind enough to share some of her homemade turkish delight that the owner made. It was a bit too windy to eat outside the day I visited, but the outdoor table were clean and shaded. I cannot wait to go back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sarah09_13
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Always a Good Meal”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Istanbul Med is one of those places you have to try, and once you do, you keep going back. I enjoy the Doner entrees and Lentil soup, while my wife has the tomato soup with an entree.

The staff are always pleasant and personable. The restaurant is always clean. The portions are more than enough. And the food is always hot and delicious.

• Visited May 2013