“Great views”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

It's free so take a stroll along and see it. It's a fantastic construction with great views with great photographic opportunities.

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Clinton, Arkansas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Nice view of the Arkansas River - great for walkers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

Nice views, and when the cyclers are not out in force, it is a great place to do your walking, jogging, or even running. The bridge also has stopping points for those who need to pause and take a breath or even sit down.

Beautiful views at sunrise and sunset!

Visited October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A great walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We walked almost all the way across the bridge and back. It is a great walk, When we were there, there were pelicans on the water. It is an easy walk, even the ramps aren't bad. What a great addition to Little Rock.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sleeper72
Parsippany, New Jersey
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“So cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being from NJ, it's hard to imagine a town would build this - it must have cost quite a bit - just for people to enjoy. Amazing. It was really cool walking across the dam, watching the white pelicans flying overhead. Many people were out the day we walked across - either biking or exercising. I can't imagine having this in my back yard. Definitely worth the stop if you are in the area.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Dutch0901
Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Outdoor Space”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I typically bring my bike along on trips (business or recreational) and budget some time to explore local bike/pedestrian facilities. Such was the case in fall 2012 when my wife and I visited Little Rock for an extended weekend. When planning the rip, I was excited to learn about the Arkansas River Trail which includes the Bid Dam Bridge (BDB). So, on a Saturday evening, after dropping my wife off to the movies, I went in search of the Bid Dam Bridge, which was about eight miles from the movies and the hotel where we stayed. I had studied the map ahead of time and figured I had enough time (little more than two hours) to ride a 20-mile loop and get back in time to pick her up. I started my ride at the BDB but decided to bypass the bridge and head first to the Two Rivers Park area to pick up a few extra miles before doubling back to get on the bridge. (I must say, the pedestrian/bike bridge to the park is a very attractive structure of its own). Returning to the BDB, I headed up the ramp and rode north across the Arkansas River. What a truly impressive and beautiful structure! Equally as impressive were the number of users (joggers, walkers, bikers) out on a beautiful evening. I headed southeasterly on paved, signed and marked trails that hug the river, to just north of downtown Little Rock. Pedestrians and cyclists have two bridge options to crossing the river into downtown Little Rock. Both bridges are beautifully retrofitted railroad lift bridges. I took the southern most bridge, rode along the trail in downtown before getting on a 2-3-mile on road section (marked as such) before rejoining the trail back to the parking lot by the BDB. I completed a 22-mile loop and got back to the movies just in time to pick up my wife. I'm very impressed with what Little Rock has done with its waterfront and the connections (to both sides of the riverfront) that have resultied from adapting the old railroad bridges for pedestrian use.

Visited October 2012