“Great value. All the comforts of home except...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of TownePlace Suites Little Rock West

TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
Ranked #17 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Manila, Philippines
“Great value. All the comforts of home except...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I checked at 3 am on July 26, 2014. First impression of the lobby was that it felt and smelled clean. Clarence, the night front desk man, was very accommodating, especially with regard to my reservation, which had to be tweaked a little. Having driven all day, I appreciated any help given.

The room was awesome. In the kitchen was a full sized refrigerator, a dishwasher, stove, pots pans and utensils. The desk had a pull out table for when you want a bigger tabletop for a proper meal. Speaking of cooking, should you feel the need/urge to, there is a super walmart right next door, and dozens of shops at the nearby plaza. There was also a sofa bed, which looked slightly worn but still clean.

The room came with free breakfast. It was acceptable, nothing fantastic. There was a waffle maker and different cereals, breads, oatmeal and fruit. There was a juice dispenser for orange, cranberry and another kind of juice. This being the south I appreciated the biscuits and gravy in the buffet. The only protein/non starchy carb in the whole spread was the boiled eggs though. I'm not doing paleo or anything but I would have appreciated bacon or sausages or even another kind of egg. This is why I didn't give them the full 5 stars. Aside from that nothing else was off. Even the lady tending to the breakfast station was helpful and present for any guest needs.

I was given a late check out without my asking for it. (Thank you so much!) went back to sleep after breakfast and they probably saw that I came in the middle of the night and let me sleep uninterrupted, except for the ladies who asked if I needed housekeeping or any sort of toiletries (another nice thing). Special thanks to Kristie at the front desk for being efficient with my check out. :)

Check out was a breeze. I used priceline and shelled out less than one hundred for the room, when it seemed like it was worth far more than that, being so well furnished and in a great location. I also have them my marriot rewards number and received 5x points to the dollar despite having used priceline.

I was told that they (Kristie at least) constantly check tripadvisor for reviews and since they were voted as one of the top hotels in little rock, it appears they listen to their customers.

All in all, I think for the dollar price vs the Marriott rewards points price (10k points since it's a category 2) better just pay the dollar price. It's a CLEAN, comfy hotel in a great location.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Lisa M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

Points from our stay -

The Room:
- It is humid in little rock (and it was raining while we were there part of the time). The room was a touch musty smelling/feeling. It was right on the verge of being related to the weather and there not being much the hotel could do about it.
- Space. Or lack there of. I have never been in such a small "long term" room. I've been in bigger plain hotel rooms without the extra kitchenette space. The closet had tons of unused space in the back that could have been more space in the room. Everything felt like it was right on top of everything else. Two steps from the bed and I was in the bathroom. Three steps from the bed and I was in the kitchen. I don't need tons of space but this was very cramped with two dogs.
- The kitchenette had a garbage disposal that was non-functional. No idea why. We didn't bother with using it while we were there and didn't feel like calling for it to be fixed since we had the dogs in the room. The fridge was small but acceptable in size (it had shelves with enough room for OJ, milk, etc). The dishwasher was exceedingly sensitive to the amount of soap we put in it. We had to experiment with the amount of soap - the line marked "to here" was too much.
There is minimal to negligible counter space to prepare food (which is the point of having a kitchenette). There is a very large pull out table under the "office desk" that can be used for extra space.
- The fire detector went off completely randomly. No fire, no smoke, we weren't even cooking or microwaving anything. It just started screaming. They did come very promptly to fix it however.

Atmosphere:
We did not utilize any of the free breakfasts or manager's "get togethers." Our dietary requirements are not compatible with the food served (also part of the reason for the kitchenette). The hotel was kept clean and the serving areas appeared clean when we passed through them.

Dogs:
We traveled with two dogs (20 lbs & 40 lbs). They charged a one time $100 fee for the dogs with no weight limits. They had a tag for the door to warn of animals in the room. There is a single "waste station" on one side of the property and a decent amount of space to walk the dogs. For traveling with animals the hotel worked well as they were very dog friendly (aside from the fee).

Overall we would consider staying there again if we could find a bigger floor plan without paying a ton more money as I was tripping over my dogs every time I turned to go anywhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charis16
Texarkana, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Stay was ok. Not what I expected though. It was conveniently located by restaurants and shopping centers in West Little Rock. However, they gave me the wrong room at first, had to get that corrected. Then breakfast tasted horrible. Tasted extremely fake. Couldn't believe it was a Marriott breakfast!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Corey012
Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was happy with this place the moment we arrived. We traveled for 17 hours to get here. My husband was going to have surgery at UAMS and we were very weary after the long trip.

When we walked in the very friendly night clerk greeted us and after asking about the reason for our stay, he changed our reservation to the medical rate. I guess you can't get that online so we didn't have it. It was very kind when we're on a stressful trip.

Everything about our stay was good. The room was nice, clean and well kept. The decor throughout the hotel was very nice.

We enjoyed the breakfast. I like that they had some options, and not just carb-loaded food. I do wish they would start serving breakfast earlier than they do. Otherwise it was ok.

Our room was quiet and beds were comfortable enough. I liked the full kitchen. This was very helpful because eating out all the time gets old and expensive.

Overall I am happy with this hotel, the value for our stay and we'll be coming back soon!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have stayed in 3 other hotels in the vicinity (Embassy Suites, Holiday Inn and Comfort Suites) along with TownPlace Suites and I have just rebooked TownPlace Suites for my next business trip. It is right off the interstate and super easy to get to. A big plus is that they provide a fully stocked kitchen including a range top and full size coffee pot. For those of us who are sick of eating at restaurants, this is huge. The Walmart is just next door so you can stock up for the week and avoid the restaurant scene. They also provide a mini-meal/Manager's reception until 6:30 pm Monday thru Thursday if you are too tired to cook. I enjoyed the pizza my first night there. Parking was easy and convenient and well lit. The room was small but the space usage was well planned and there is plenty of storage. The bed was very firm, I thought, but the pillows were great. Situated right next to a new shopping center, there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. My only complaint...their coffee is terrible so bring your own. For the price, this place is a winner.

Room Tip: I had a room just off the elevator and it was super easy to get in and out of the building, room 303...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed in the TPS in early December. I've written a review on this hotel before, but I had to write again to cite the terrible drop off in customer service. When I checked it, the two attendants were out smoking in front of the building. When they came in, after I had been standing at the desk for about 1 min, they wreaked of cigarette smoke. The previous reviewer is correct about the breakfast food, it is NOT good. The location of this hotel is convenient because it is surrounded by restaurants and shops, but the level of service does not seem to keep up with budding area. There is a Residence Inn down Shakleford (right near a Panera Bread) which I am going to try in the first quarter of 2014.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
monkton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Good location to UAMS. Rooms are clean and new with efficiency kitchen. I am not a fan of Walmart, but there is one within walking distance that made filling prescriptions and getting medical supplies easy. Jason, the front desk supervisor was very friendly and helpful.

Stayed November 2013