“Good choice for business or other longer stay”

TownePlace Suites Little Rock West
Ranked #21 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in Little Rock for business and had a 4-night stay. I looked for a hotel with at least a refrigerator as I prefer to do my own breakfast & was planning to eat in some evenings, and I also like to have my own stash of soft drinks. I'm also a Marriott loyalty member, so I wanted a Marriott brand convenient to downtown without paying downtown prices.

This hotel is relatively new, and is at the end of a newly-developed area. While it borders undeveloped land with lots of trees, it is next to a new WalMart shopping center. Lots of concrete, a drainage pool, scalped landscape, etc., chain restaurants. NOT attractive in my eyes, and I generally dislike this sort of suburban wasteland. HOWEVER the hotel itself is very nice, very well kept. Once you are inside the outside doesn't really matter. The bed was fine, room & bathroom spotless. The little kitchen area was wonderful -- regular (small) fridge/freezer, sink, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, toaster, and a two-burner flattop stove. It came complete with dishes, flatware, and glassware for 4, plus some basic pots/pans and utensils. I've been in rental condos that were less well-stocked.

The fitness room is very basic -- 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical, and some weights. Still, in great condition and everything was clean. The provided breakfast was better than some I've seen -- bacon & eggs, different bread products you could toast, cereals, etc. They also do a reception in the evening that I suspect some people were making dinner out of. It wasn't my kind of food -- chicken nuggets & iceberg salad, for example -- but if you are short on cash it's an option.

All in all I'd stay here again if traveling for similar purposes.

P.S. Be aware there is some MAJOR interstate construction going on between this area and downtown, so keep your wits about you when driving. Didn't hold things up, even in rush hour (LR doesn't really have rush hour compared to other cities) but just made driving a bit more of a challenge.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for the review! We try to make sure that our kitchens are well-stocked for anyone looking to cook and/or eat in their suites and we are so happy that you appreciated it!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm pretty critical of the limited service flags so when I find a great hotel, that is saying something! Trust me, this is a great hotel. Relatively new, the location is fantastic with close proximity to the freeway and for the long-term stayers, a Wal Mart is right next door. The breakfast is ok, typical for this level of service....bagged eggs, bacon and hash browns one day, bagged eggs, sausage and biscuits the next then repeat.....but yogurt, waffles, cereal, etc. can get you to lunch at least. And the free dinners at night (not great, but they hit the spot) help save the family money! Rooms are fantastic....especially the Studio with (2) queen beds, huge walk-in closet, table for 4 and full kitchen. A family of 4 (no more!) can room here easily for a month. I saw pets (but never smelled them in my room) ...so no harm, no foul. Pool and exercise area were good! For families, this is a great property! A much nicer TownePlace than many I've stayed at!!

Room Tip: All rooms are ok! Neither side of the hotel is better than the other. But if you want to avoid the...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our property and that you think we are a step above other TownePlace Suites! We are looking for suggestions for our nightly receptions, so if you can think of any delicious ideas, let us know! We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Little Rock!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed three nights while in town for business. Staff was friendly, rooms were well-maintained, and it's close to several restaurants. Would definitely stay there again if I get to Little Rock again. Right off the freeway as well.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind review! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

NONE of my standard Marriott requests were made available--high floor, away from elevator, no down or feathers. I did have to ask for feather pillows to be removed and replaced with non-feather. We smelled something not quite right in the suite but couldn't put a finger on it. After seeing and hearing pets in other suites, I suspect we had been put in a suite that had previously hosted a pet. Our allergies were HORRIBLE the next morning.

Breakfast was a disaster. The lady maintaining food, etc. was over-whelmed and under-trained. We had to ask that coffee containers be filled, food items replenished, etc. Every cup of coffee I had was full of grounds. My husband even went to front desk to try to get some help and was told "talk to the lady in the breakfast area".

Overall, staff was not accommodating.

Marriott needs to step up and do something!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhDNana
Stephanie F, Director of Sales at TownePlace Suites Little Rock West, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

We are so sorry to hear that you were so disappointed with your stay at our hotel, but greatly appreciate hearing the comments and insight that you have shared with us through this review!

As a Marriott hotel, we try to guarantee that every request is able to be met. While we were not able to meet the requests of you being on a high floor or away from elevators, due to high occupancy at the time of your check-in, not having the feather pillows removed from your room prior to arrival was unacceptable. We are a pet-friendly hotel and charge guests with pets a cleaning fee in order to remove the smell. Our front desk staff was not notified of a potentially lingering smell in the room, so we are sorry that this issue was not able to be resolved for you.

Your comments regarding the breakfast, front desk staff and the feather pillows not being removed prior to your arrival are all being incorporated into our front desk training. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us an opportunity to show you how great we really are the next time you are in Little Rock!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a pleasant surprise. Great hotel on a beautiful piece of land with a great lake to walk your dogs around. Great little pool, great landscaping, clean and simple but adequate breakfast. Nicely done.

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you so much; we are quite fond of our surroundings, too! We hope you stay with us the next time you are in Little Rock!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I like clean hotels otherwise we cannot relax and rest as many of you, but I stayed here on my way to Virginia for two days and it was the best hotel by far. The price was also a great one considering the room, it was very very clean, the amenities were also outstanding, and the staff was also very friendly and courteous. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO EVERYONE.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review! We take great pride in our staff, the amenities offered to our guests and maintaining the cleanliness of the hotel- I am so grateful to know that our efforts are not going unnoticed! We hope you have a wonderful time in Virginia and choose to stay with us again if you come through Little Rock!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I were a little worried about our upcoming stay here based on some of the other reviews, but we stayed here for one night and were very pleased with our choice. We were so pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Everything was very nice - including the staff. The room was a one bedroom suite with a kitchen; very clean and well decorated. The hotel itself is located at the end of a road, so unless someone was driving to the hotel or to the hotel next door, there is no reason to be on that road, which we always feel like is a plus. The hotel is located very close to restaurants and shops, just a short 1-2 minute drive away. Parking and breakfast are both free and the breakfast was very satisfactory. We had a military rate, so the deal was even sweeter. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad that you and your husband chose to ignore the negative reviews and stayed with us! We have a new management team in place and are taking great care to make sure previous issues do not reoccur for future guests' stays. We hope to see you again!