“Don't miss this restaurant!”
Review of The Pantry

The Pantry
Ranked #2 of 780 Restaurants in Little Rock
Cuisines: German, European, Czech
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Northport, Alabama
“Don't miss this restaurant!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We dined at the Pantry because of reviews on Trip Advisor. Normally, I would start my reviews with the positive and then suggestions. However this time I am starting with my recommendation because it was the reason I was a little hesitant with selecting this restaurant.
The website needs to be professionally redesigned. My impression of the food quality based on the website was moderate and was not compelling. The variety of the menu was there, but it didn't speak authentic, high quality and well-prepared. The other suggestion I would make is slightly upgrade wine list, but this isn't critical...would just make it a lot better to go with the amazing food.
The food - Oh My Gosh! Anything you order will be amazing and have you wishing you could eat more. Don't miss the cheese spaetzle appetizer. We shared it between the 4 of us and it was the perfect size & went well with the pinot noir. I had the Weiner schnitzel and other dishes at our table were the rustic pot (like goulash over mashed pots), lasagna & roast chicken. The chicken was good, but the other items were so much better, pick something other than the chicken. Also save room for the apple strudel with creme anglaise. If you like beer, they offer a sampler of 4 beers.
I have to comment about how clean the restroom was. You could smell it was clean before you opened the door and not in a sickening disinfectant way; was a pleasant smell.
We ate at 5* Ashley's at the Capital the previous night & the Pantry is every bit as good at a fraction of the price in a more casual atmosphere. We cannot wait to return to the Pantry & will be dreaming about its food until we return to visit Little Rock next year. Thanks to the owner Tomas for accepting our reservation when they normally don't take reservations!

1 Thank Crazydukefan

Sherwood, Arkansas
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I enjoyed the experience, and I'll definitely go back. The food was great as was the service. The atmosphere was nice. Great for dates.

Visited August 2012
travelgirl3644
“Great Flavor!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Overall a great restaurant! We took advise from fellow trip advisors to eat here and were not disappointed. The deviled eggs were excellent - assuming you like them to begin with. The cheese spaetzel was amazing- better than your mommas Mac and cheese. A very satisfying dish. We had the fish and chips (although the chips were just French fries). The fish was excellent. Also got the pantry bowl which was very good. The owner came to the table and thank us - a nice touch! Our waitress was one of the best we've had in a long time. Apple strudel was excellent too. If your a foodie, this place won't disappoint!

1 Thank travelgirl3644
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Eat with fun style & great food!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The waitstaff is always friendly and open, the beer selection is a constantly changing wonderfully varied thing and the food is amazing! Try the fish & frites - not exactly what you'd get in England on the chips side but the fish can't be beat... and the frites are so good - get the curried ketchup!!!

Visited November 2012
OKC, OK
“Great food!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to a private party here last weekend, the food was out of this world. The atmosphere is very cozy and charming and the serivce was great too.

Visited November 2012

Been to The Pantry? Share your experiences!