“Upgrade...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed at this property for a business trip. I often stay at Hilton properties as I am a Hilton Honors member. The space lobby is sizable with an exotic/contemporary atmosphere. The nightly manager's reception and breakfast are wonderful offerings. Parking was free outside of the parking garage. Each suite has at least two seperate living spaces complete with microwave and refrigerator. I've stayed at this property before and have been super impressed. This time, however, I've begun to notice several details that are in need of an upgrade. The bathtub was a bit dingy and the shower curtains were worn. The lighting in the lobby and the room was a bit dim. I would think twice about chosing this property again when I am in Little Rock; however I will stay at a Hilton property..in downtown Little Rock. ..

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AKAPearl

Reviewed November 4, 2009

I prefer to stay at Embassy Suites when I travel with my family, and this property did not disappoint. Service was great, breakfast and managers reception was excellent (bartender was top-notch), and the room was clean and comfy.

Room service was timely and good. Got a great gov't rate. Atrium was nice and open with a nice waterfall feature.

Only drawbacks - the parking (as mentioned in other reviews) isn't the greatest and the garage is $6, a note at the desk mentions high theft in Little Rock and to protect your GPS (!), and the location was a bit awkward, as the building seemed crammed into a small space (see parking).

All in all, a great stay - I'd come back if I ever come through Little Rock again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Let me start by saying that I would stay at an Embassy Suite over any other hotel, given the choice. The Little Rock Embassy Suite needs to upgrade thier dark burnt organge decor. It is so dark in these rooms and the flouresant lights they use only make the room even more organge with thier low grade bulbs. The TVs in the room are little 19 inchers that flicker. Check in was good. They were very helpful. My 2nd night at the hotel I recieved a welcome letter and bag of chips. The letter welcomed me as a gold member. Only problem was this was my 2nd night there and the letter wasn't addressed to me. Needless to say I made sure my door was secure and wondered most of the night if some stranger was going to try and access my room. I too am a gold member and wonder why I didn't get a letter and goodies the 1st night I was there? It's a good thought, but backfires quickly if you can't manage it correctly. The breakfast was great as always with good food and a huge selection. Parking was free on the outside. There is a parking garage which costs 5.00 per night and requires an extra elevator ride. The parking is free for gold members. I was given the government rate with a phone call. I will always stay at Embassy Suites, but this one is getting old and needs an upgrade to keep up with the pace of newer ,business friendly hotels.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Very comfortable and spacious suites at a great price. Did not need all the room that the suites provided me. Staff was very accomodating especially when I realised the room I got did not have wired internet which I needed (and promised when I made my reservation). Staff was able to get me into a wired room quickly. Breakfast was good.

Parking is a pain, they have covered parking at an additional cost, otherwise there is plenty of free parking on the property but far away from the rooms and entrances. Keep an umbrella in the car.

Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I stayed at the Embassy Suites one night for a business meeting.

I was a little nervous about staying here after reading some of the reviews. However, I'm happy to report that I found the hotel to be very nice.

I was not disappointed. (and I am very picky about my hotel rooms). The hotel lobby was beautiful and the check-in staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room was very nice. It was spacious and very clean (I'm very hard to please with cleanliness). There was a living room area with a large t.v. and the bedroom also had a t.v. The bed was very nice and comfortable, (altough I didn't think the pillows were very comfortable, I woke up with a stiff neck).

I ordered room service (bottle of wine). The gentleman that brought it was very nice and even came in and opened it for me (cork). We even stood there and talked about American Idol (which was on at the time) while he was opening it.

Bathroom was nice and clean as well. The room had a refrigerator and microwave (which is a nice touch if you need them) and a table and chairs if you wanted to eat in your room.

The breakfast buffet was very good. It had yogurt, assortment of fresh fruits, oatmeal, bacon, sausage, eggs, waffles, gravy and biscuits, toast, bagels, assortment of juices, coffee, etc. Very good.

If you are at the hotel for a meeting and have to eat lunch there, it was excellent as well.

I honestly have no complaints with this hotel (except maybe the pillows, and next time I will just bring mine from the house). I would not hesitate to stay at the Embassy Suites in Little Rock again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a total of 45 nights over the past six three months. I would describe it as average. The fitness center and pool are tiny, and are really only useful for those people who have never be swimming or worked out. High speed internet costs $9.95 a day, and garage parking is extra unless you are a Gold or Diamond HHonors member.

The rooms are again, average, but decent for an Embassy Suites. The TVs are old and channel selection limited. Bedding is comfortable and soft. Bathrooms are dark and basic.

The complimentary breakfast is a nice addition, but the room rates are a bit high for an average property in Little Rock.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this Embassy Suites for 2 nights to celebrate our anniversary. The hotel was very nice and in a good location. The suite was very comfortable and furnished appropriately. We stayed on the 3rd floor with a view of the front of the hotel, and was ble to see the surrounding stores and eateries. The breakfast was great. The only observation that I made was that it seems as if this hotel is used by parents who host sleep over parties. There were several children with wristbands and adults who were evidently chaperons. The childern were generally well behaved. We did not attend the Manager's Reception, but was told that all the drinks were $1. Overall, this hotel was clean and has a beautiful autrium. The staff was great. Enjoyed the visit!!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple