Having stayed at this Embassy Suites in the fall of 2012, we decided to stay here for another 2 days on our way to Eureka Springs. Much to our surprise there were some problems not in keeping with expectations for Embassy Suites. Our Suite was 733. We had booked a corner suite and paid slightly more for it.
1.We were not recognized as Gold Card Honors Members at check-in... not really a big deal, but I certainly expected to receive the normal complimentary 2 bottles of water in our room... There were none.
2. No newspaper was delivered to our door... usually done for Hilton Honors members, but apparently this has been discontinued.
3.At check-in, we were not given the code for the underground parking garage... it was only when we tried using our room key, did we discover this. This made for a very awkward turning around and finding parking elsewhere. (Other cars were waiting to get in) The code was given to us when I called the front desk and specifically asked for it.
4.The bathroom room was filthy, especially in the corners of the floor tile where there was accumulated black grime and dust (mostly behind the door) I was able to wipe some of it up but it really needs to be hand scrubbed.
5. The carpet was not clean... lots of dust was visible in the corners. I was uncomfortable walking on the carpet even in my socks.
6. There is a small hole in the white curtain (right side) and this same curtain has very uneven hemming with some of the curtain dragging on the floor... it doesn't match the curtain on the left side.
7. Only one tiny soap bar (paper wrapper) was left in the bathroom... I tracked down a housekeeper who gave me 1 more soap in a little cardboard box.
9. Two flimsy plastic glasses were left for drinking along with the standard paper cups for coffee.
On returning to our suite on the 2nd day, we discovered that the housekeeper had not even left any fresh cups... flimsy as they were!
8. A floor lamp at the end of the sofa did not work. I determined that the light socket was not connected to the lamp... as it was hanging down on the side! I fixed it and it worked fine.
9. Unsightly cords stretch along the wall under the window and over the floor for about 4 feet to connect to the table lamp at the other end of the sofa. They can be dangerous if anyone walked in that area.
10. Hanging behind the TV is a picture... not above the TV but BEHIND the TV so that it isn't even visible. This presents a very haphazard look to the suite.
11. There is a charge for the drinks at the manager's reception... something we've never experienced at Embassy Suites manager's reception previously.
This corner suite has problems... housekeeping seems to be erratic and minimal; safety issues are present.
1. Staff are very friendly... even if they aren't efficient.
2. The beds are comfortable, the linen is of good quality and there are plenty of pillows.
2. The business center has functioning and fast computers and a printer that works
3. Parking is complimentary
4. The location is good despite the fact there is major construction in the area
(We suggest exiting 430 north at Exit 5 - Shackelford... Turn left to Kanis (Shell Station) & wind through the narrow 2 land road (Kanis), turn right on Embassy Street which brings you into the side of the hotel which is easily visible. This avoids the construction hassle.
5. There is a shopping center on Shackleford on the opposite side of 430 which has a Cracker Barrel and also a Longhorn Steak House as well as any number of other businesses. There is also a Denney's Restaurant in the vicinity although getting to it is a bit more of a hassle especially in the evening when one is not sure how to negotiate all the construction.
We'll probably stay here again, but certainly hope that hotel management is able to address their problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your premier accommodations in Little Rock begin at the Embassy Suites Little Rock! We are located in the heart of Little Rock with easy access to I-630 and I-430.With such easy access to all of Little Rock's best attractions, there is no reason to stay elsewhere. We are right down the street from the River Market District, just minutes from downtown and Little Rock Airport, and a close drive to the Little Rock Zoo, Clinton Presidential Library, Pinnacle Mountain, Burns Park, and the Wild River Country Water Park, among many other Little Rock attractions!When you are not busy exploring the city, you have the comforts of two-room suites with separate living and bedroom areas, staying fit in our fitness center and indoor pool, starting the day with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, or winding down the day with complimentary drinks at our Manager's Reception. Come stay with us at the Embassy Suites Little Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Little Rock
- Little Rock Embassy Suites