“Average Stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock
Ranked #19 of 65 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel before, I had an idea of what to expect. The hotel was packed when we arrived on Friday night for the weekend. No parking spots anywhere! I inquired about the parking garage at check in & they gave me the code for the garage..have no idea if there was a charge but didn't show up on bill...what a blessing!! Also, due to a mix up on the reservation, they were able to comp my internet...again..thank you! It's little things like this that will make you come back to a hotel. I didn't use it that much but it was nice that there was no charges incurred !! Breakfast buffet was great each morning. Host was friendly!! Lots of people there due to a soccer tournament in town and most of the guests had soccer players (including me). The managers reception was great on Saturday night & the bartender was super nice serving up drinks & giving the girls..shirley temples...what a treat!

The beds are kinda small...doubles..would be nice if there were two queen beds. I like the sitting area outside the sleeping area. Makes it nice when you have others that want to sleep & you can't. There was a birthday party for a little girl next door to us & their door was constantly opening/closing for a few hours but it did settle down. We were on the 8th floor...elevator operated fairly fast throughout the weekend. One thing that was kinda disgusting: found dead & alive bugs (cockroach-big bug-??) in the bathroom on our last day..kinda freaked me out as the bug(s) were there & then I returned a few minutes later..and then they were gone...makes you wonder where they went! As I was in a hurry to check out, I didn't have time to mention it to the front desk! Maybe I should have & perhaps they would have offered me something?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan V
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had a good time, the rooms were nice. I have been there serval times, best thing is the food. The service was good also. Will stay again when in little rock. Keep up the good work. I have been to others hotel in littlrock and they were ok but not the embassy. I would stay in one other when I am ready for a break from the embassy or just a different location.

Room Tip: request room above the at least the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I am pleased to hear you had such a great time at our property. I will pass along your praise to the associates that make these experiences happen every day! Thank you for taking the time to give us some GREAT feedback. Please feel free to contact me personally if you ever need anything.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First, The internet here costs 9.95 a day (unless you have status) and runs slower then dial up internet.

The proof: As I write this in the hotel lobby this is the speed I get. IN THE LOBBY! Rooms yeah right, good luck!

Last Result:
Download Speed: 16.3 KB/sec transfer rate
Upload Speed: 12 KB/sec transfer rate

Needless to say if your here on business look elsewhere. The rooms are old and badly need updating, I am guessing it has been about 15 plus years since one was touched. I was told last week that they have updated floors 2-4 now. I am currently staying in one of the "new rooms" on floor 3 and it looks like all they did was put in newer carpeting. Nothing else was touched. The shower rod was broken in my last room, the drain is broken in my new room. Towels never seem to be there and housekeeping takes forever to respond to calls. I tried to call to get more from my room but the room phone didn't work. Go figure...The manager is never on site despite my numerous requests to speak to one. One week the staff gave my room away and had no explanation as to why, they literally gave my room with all my belongings in it to someone else. Luckily nothing was stolen. Listen on business you could really do better anywhere then here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher B

Christopher, thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I am sorry that it was not up to your expectations. It is always our goal to not only meet but exceed your expectations. We will work diligently to address all of the challenges that you identified with our service. I am pleased to report on some upcoming projects in some of your areas of concern. We are upgrading our internet speed for the hotel in January and that should make a great impact for all of our guests, in particular when attempting to download an important file. We are also beginning a rejuvination project for our hotel this October. We will be refreshing our restaurant and the sleeping floor corridors with new carpet, wall paper, signage and lighting by the end of this year. We are very excited for these projects and the impact it will have on the overall experience for all of our guests. I would be honored to host you if you would be willing to give us another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly. Once again, thank you for your feedback; without it we will not grow.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Booked through AARP for a good hotel in LIttle Rock due to my best friend being diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer and location of the hotel for family & hospitqal. However, though the hotel is lovely with "freebies" at the "managers" special. There was obvious activiites ocurring there in plain sight under the code name of "property", yeah, they are for sale. I won't go into detail, but not a good hotel for Christians or families with children. I complained to the front desk clerk and even called to see if we were "safe" staying there after the complaint. Rooms were lovely with a chair up against the door lock! We checked out early and STILL have not received our refund for leaving feeling extremely uncomfortable with what was taking place. I have called AARP and have been put on hold numerous times due to the Manager of Embassy Suites being NOT available. I am a senior reviewer here. I am not stating a falsehood. Hotel would be absolutley worth it, as it is beautiful, IF Management did NOT allow this; unacceptable! Read between the lines. I cannot believe a hotel of this standard would allow this! It ruins the reputation.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
StephanieG542, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology. We want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously as safety and comfort are our top priorities. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. A representative from the hotel will be contacting you directly and if I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

This stay was a little noisy but still had a good experience. Love the breakfast so many options!! Hope to be on the top floor away from noise next time. Construction on the front made checking in somewhat difficult.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for out team. The team always appreciates hearing about another great stay for our guests. I'm sorry your visit happened during the revitialization of our entry way and parking lots. All contstruction on our parking lot/entry way will be completed by October 10th. We can't wait for our guests to experience the refreshed entry and parking lots. Thank you again for providing feedback on our property.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed here twice: one in August of 2011 and again in August, 2012. A lot of families with children frequent this hotel. If you are business traveler and aren't fond of kiddos, consider this. There is a covered hotel parking garage which I paid to use in 2011 but it is actually more convenient to use the free parking at the "front" (side) of the hotel. The location is great in Little Rock. Room service food is average (or worse) and breakfast is your basic buffet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This has become our favorite hotel in Little Rock, after giving up on the Peabody downtown (terrible mess of valet parking) and trying Fairfield in North Little Rock (old, small rooms.) The hotel is excellent, great and large rooms, with a very good breakfast, decent room service and overall good service. The location is not great -- probably a 10-minute drive to anywhere you would go -- but otherwise this is a wonderful choice. We went for the Arkansas football game, and it is an easy drive to downtown restaurants, to the stadium, or to the airport.

The front entrace is now under construction or blocked, so you have to enter or leave the hotel uskng the parking garage.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple