When we opened the door to our room, it was hot because the window was open. It was clear why, however, because the room smelled musty and damp, like a cheap motel. I called the front desk to ask for another room, and asked the attendant to have someone come up to smell to see what I was talking about. She said no, she believed me, a strange response. As soon as you open the door, the smell hit you. There was no way I would have felt comfortable with my 1 year old grandchild playing in the room. It appeared the smell was coming from the carpet, which was also worn and badly buckled, a tripping hazard for a toddler, but I noticed the armchair in the living room was also dirty and smelly, like way too many people had used it.
They let us move to a room down the hall. When the front desk attendant came up to bring the new key, I asked her again to just step in and see (smell) what I was talking about. She insisted that no, she believed me.
That got me to thinking. If housekeeping left the window open and curtains blowing to air out the room, then they knew about the old, stale, musty smell. If they knew, then the front desk attendant knew also. So---why did they put us in that room in the first place when there were many other rooms available? You cannot make me believe that the front desk personnel are not kept aware of the rooms in poor condition.
We had quite a bit to move, and it was a downer for us. I simply cannot believe that Embassy Suites, which was such a nice place when it opened, has not kept its room maintenance up very well.
Breakfast was ok, not as good as it used to be. There was a fly bothering us, and the next table, persistently. My daughter asked the breakfast attendant whether they had fly swats (which I'm sure they did not want anyone to see them using). The attendant smiled, said no, and just kept on doing what she was doing, even though she saw the pesky fly also, kind of a "there's nothing we can do about that" response. We all spent a lot of time swating at the fly to keep it off of our food.
Finally, I don't know who chose the tv service, but there is not a good selection of channels, unless you're a big sports fan. I'm a female and I like baseball and other sports, just not on so many channels. Oh, and we called front desk to get someone to unstop the toilet this morning. It never flushed properly. After waiting over 30 minutes, we had to call them again. A stopped up toilet first thing in the morning with everybody waking up is something you attend to right away. They did come within ten minutes of the second call, however.
My son had at least 3 birthday parties at this same hotel years ago, and I was much more impressed then.
To their credit, the business center is nice, along with the fish pool. I am primarily a Marriott Rewards member, but did have a few Hilton points that I used for this stay. It cost me 15,000 points plus $56.00 for one night at Embassy Suites, while there were at least three Marriotts where we could have stayed for only 10,000 points and no money. We chose Embassy Suites becuase of the extra room and breakfast. I did not make a good decision. We could have had a clean room with $56.00 still in our pockets and more points left, and even a decent breakfast. I will know next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your premier accommodations in Little Rock begin at the Embassy Suites Little Rock! We are located in the heart of Little Rock with easy access to I-630 and I-430.With such easy access to all of Little Rock's best attractions, there is no reason to stay elsewhere. We are right down the street from the River Market District, just minutes from downtown and Little Rock Airport, and a close drive to the Little Rock Zoo, Clinton Presidential Library, Pinnacle Mountain, Burns Park, and the Wild River Country Water Park, among many other Little Rock attractions!When you are not busy exploring the city, you have the comforts of two-room suites with separate living and bedroom areas, staying fit in our fitness center and indoor pool, starting the day with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, or winding down the day with complimentary drinks at our Manager's Reception. Come stay with us at the Embassy Suites Little Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Little Rock
- Little Rock Embassy Suites