I am currently writing this from my room at this hotel since I logged into this site to see if there are any crime complaints for this hotel. That's how secure I'm feeling at the moment, in spite of, or rather because of all of the armed guards patrolling around. Or maybe it's the men that have been been congregated outside of my room for the past couple of hours with beers and no shirts on (currently midnight). Or maybe it's the group of drunk guests(?) hanging out by my car in the parking garage. Then again maybe it's the barrage of advisements and warnings about theft and maximum numbers of guests in suites by the front desk. A couple of discreet signs sure, but these signs are practically the decor by the check-in area, which by the way was unmanned for the first ten minutes of our arrival.
Not that I didn't see a couple of employees hurrying by to kick unruly guests out of the pool. One of which, the manager, was too busy putting on a show of what an emergency this was to heed my suggestion that he stop to check in a guest (I netted a blank stare before he ran off). The pool "crisis" would explain why there were women smoking just outside the front entrance, dressed only in their swimsuits while complaining loudly of being splashed. When the manager came back and got through waiting on the person behind us, the "check-in" proceeded in the same less-than-helpful manner.
To be fair there is a high school reunion going on tonight (does not explain the men outside my room...as they are much younger). I just wish the manager would have warned us (especially since I asked several probing questions) that the entrance from the parking garage elevator would take us through a hall completely blocked off by a professional photographer. I really appreciated carrying a baby and helping my two toddlers navigate the camera gear and backdrop while drunk party goers stumbled around them.
By the way, the manager said the $3 parking garage would be a safer place to park the car. Actually it's only two levels and both can be freely walked into from the bi-level parking lot outside. That's a waste of $3, unless you count that it's lit up really well, well enough to see what's in your car.
It's also $10 for the Internet connection, but I am pleased that it's a secure wired connection. I really ought to wait until check-out to give this place a final review, but I'm so disgusted having stayed at many other Embassy Suites during our three-week trip and being very pleased with every one of them until this last one. This is not in the same class as your typical Embassy Suites. Reunion or not, nothing is handled discreetly or with finesse by this management. The room is older and less impressive than what I've come to expect at Embassy, but still nice and the public areas are very pretty. If you like to party, come on over!
I'm not sure the #6 out of whatever rating for Little Rock is really that impressive given that we stayed at the Courtyard in Little Rock at the beginning of our trip and of all of our stays these two were the only bad ones. The best of Little Rock may not be so good, all things being relative. I hope these were just off nights for them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your premier accommodations in Little Rock begin at the Embassy Suites Little Rock! We are located in the heart of Little Rock with easy access to I-630 and I-430.With such easy access to all of Little Rock's best attractions, there is no reason to stay elsewhere. We are right down the street from the River Market District, just minutes from downtown and Little Rock Airport, and a close drive to the Little Rock Zoo, Clinton Presidential Library, Pinnacle Mountain, Burns Park, and the Wild River Country Water Park, among many other Little Rock attractions!When you are not busy exploring the city, you have the comforts of two-room suites with separate living and bedroom areas, staying fit in our fitness center and indoor pool, starting the day with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, or winding down the day with complimentary drinks at our Manager's Reception. Come stay with us at the Embassy Suites Little Rock. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Little Rock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Little Rock
- Little Rock Embassy Suites