“Unaccommodating/unfriendly staff”

Ranked #9 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
allentown, United States
“Unaccommodating/unfriendly staff”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I arrived with an extra person in my party and asked to rent an extra room for the evening. I was told the hotel is full. It is statistically impossible for the hotel to have been oversold on a Tuesday night in Little Rock, Arkansas. The agent was just not interested in helping us. I am disappointed with the lack of interest shown us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am so sorry that we were not able to accomodate you on your recent trip to Little Rock. I assure you that if we did have a room which was not guaranteed for arrival to another guest our front desk team would have been more than willing to rent this room to you. In Downtown Little Rock our busiest days are Tuesday and Wednesday most weeks. I do apologize again for your frustration in this situation and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Although this is a fairly new hotel, it seems to have declined in several ways over the past few years. We have stayed here before, and really found it charming and convenient. Recently, though, we experienced some housekeeping items that turned us off. For example, when we entered the room there was a washcloth from a previous occupant hanging over the shower, and later that evening I killed a large cockroach on the wall near the TV. There was an empty plastic bag in the closet that was supposed to contain a blanket ... I reported this to the desk so they would not think that I removed it. The breakfast was especially disappointing ... oatmeal not edible, and fruit seemed out of date. The small breakfast area was jammed, but this was not a problem, and everything seemed to flow well. We always looked at this hotel as our "go to" spot on our regular visits to Little Rock. I think we will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
I am so sorry to hear that we did not deliver the level of service and cleanliness you have come to expect from us. I will be addressing you concerns with our team at the next team meeting. We "huddle" evey day to review guest feedback and what we can do to improve the guest experience. I once again apologize for not hitting the high mark we set for service and accomodations and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Flower Mound, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hotel stay was good. The hotel is clean and our room size was great. WE booked a suite because we had 3 in our family and it worked out great. We only stayed one night because we were in town for a wedding in late Sepember 2013. I would recommend this hotel. Shops and restaurant were all walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Little Rock's River Market District. I hope that next time you will be able to spend more than one night. There is more to our neighborhood than most of our guests realize. I am glad that your room worked out nicely for your family. I hope we will have the opprotunity to serve you on your next visit to our city.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I don't hand out "Excellent" ratings often because I realize this is a subjective forum, but in this case I believe it's warranted. Upon arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant and helpful staff. The room was clean and well appointed and the beds were very comfortable. The breakfast was typical of most, but we shared the hotel with several soccer teams in town for a tournament, therefore breakfast was more like a Chinese fire-drill than a casual dining experience. But, somehow the staff calmly and politely maintained a well-stocked breakfast bar. The hotel is located within walking distance to the popular River Market where you will find food, drink and entertainment. I was warned by a local to be careful walking the streets after dark. However, Little Rock is no different than most cities, you just have to use common sense and good judgment. I honestly can't think of anything I didn't like about this particular Hampton Inn. But, if I had to pick one thing that impressed me the most, I would have to say the staff. Very professional, very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your kind remarks. I am relieved to hear that our breakfast team handled the onsluaght of hungry preteens so well. A house full of hungry kids can make for an interesting breakfast rush. I am very pleased to hear that our team was able to deliver the level of service we strive for. Thank you for staying with us. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Emsworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

From the moment I arrived (sadly by Greyhound into North Littgle Rock, and was rescued by a cab sent by Brittanny), I was welcomed warmly, and accommodated in a room of my choice. The hotel is spotlessly clean and with every facility - Business Center with 24 hour access and printing facilties; guest laundry; BBQ pit and outdoor swimming pool; breakfast included in the price.

Breakfast was standard fare and filling, but there could be more choice of fresh fruit, and the fruit juice was of very poor standard.

My room was excellent - a kitchen area with fridge and microwave; desk, settee, 2 queen beds and bathroom. Good wifi access for both laptop and wifi.

Hotel is within a few minutes walking distance of a range of shops and eateries, and Riverside Park with a range of attractions is also just minutes away.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want - they will try and accommodate you
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a reveiw of yor stay at our property. I hope the rest of your time on this side of the pond went well. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to the USA.
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was a final stop on a crazy girls trip. The hotel was easy to get to and it's location was perfect. We were able to walk to the river district and explore. There were several near by restaurants that were amazing (and busy!). Easy access back to the freeway when it was time to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us on your recent road trip. It sounds like you had a great time. I am glad that our team was able to help with what sounds like a really fun trip. I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Little Rock, Iowa
Reviewed September 19, 2013

501-244-0600 goes straight to fax. When you call the reservations toll free number they give you the same number. I was trying to give the number to a client. Not everyone wants to Press 2 for English, and unfortunately, you can't talk to live people at this location. I went so far as to fax them a note thinking someone just needed to push a button and switch the phones back, but never heard anything from anyone. Obviously they do not need our business. Needless to say, won't even think about staying here or recommending it to anyone.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
I am so very sorry to hear that you were having technical difficulties while attempting to reach us. The 501-244-0600 number is our direct line and is in working order as of 09/20/2013. I have just tested to make sure that calls are receivable. Our fax line is 501-244-0603. I am checking with our service provider to see if there may have been any issues in the system.

I apologize again for not being able to take you call. We would love to have the opportuity to serve you as our guest. I hope that you will give us another shot at sharing our hospitality with you.