“Not Clean rooms!”

Ranked #9 of 63 Hotels in Little Rock
Pensacola, Florida
“Not Clean rooms!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I travel almost weekly and besides a good location, I look for a quite or clean room. The location is good a couple of blocks from the good restaurants and Clinton Library. The problem were the bedbugs, I could not sleep all night and when I woke up I have bites on my legs.Next time I'm staying at the The Capitol. I love the Hilton Chain but not this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you may have had while visiting our property. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to our team. We work closely with a nationally renowned professional pest control company to prevent and rectify any pest situation that may occur. The best course of action when faced with what may turn out to be bedbugs is to report the incident directly to the hotel staff so that the issue may be addressed in an expedient manner. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Athens, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This hotel is in a wonderful location...downtown in the heart of the River Market District. Walking distance to the river area, President Clinton Library, and restaurants. Nice clean newer hotel, comfortable, great breakfast. Friendly and knowledgeable employees able to answer any questions we had about the area attractions and restaurants. Covered parking available...although it's located off-site, but still safe and convenient. We will stay at this hotel every time we visit Little Rock!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Great location in downtown, plenty of restaurants nearby. Hotel was clean and well staffed.
The one thing I do expect from Hampton Inn is a little more of a upgraded breakfast. It was the very basic breakfast spread that included those powdered type eggs. Breakfast was till 10am, but as my family trickled down from our room, many of the breakfast items had run dry by 930am. When we asked for more, the attendant said that's it for today.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dmote78, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Little Rock - Downtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Little Rock at the River Market. I would like to apologize that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. We strive to make sure that every guest receives the very best service when visiting our property. I am very sorry to hear about your experience in our breakfast area. I am surprised that you received this response from a member of our staff. It is not uncommon for us to keep the breakfast area open after the 10 o`clock hour to make sure that all guests, even the late risers, are accommodated. I will address this with our staff to assure that it does not happen again in the future. Please remember that at Hampton we have a 100% satisfaction guarantee and we stand behind ithis policy. If you are not staisfied you do not pay. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Arlington, TX
Reviewed August 11, 2012

For our one and only night in Little Rock I took advantage of my hotel points and booked a room in the Hampton Inn, Little Rock - Downtown, the "newest hotel in Little Rock." This was a nice and clean hotel just a block or two from the heart of the River Market District - a booming entertainment area in downtown.

Being practically brand new, the hotel was spotless and refreshing. There's a freshness you can see and smell when your around something new such as this place.

When traveling with my kids I usually look for a double room or a room with separated living room/sofa, but this hotel did not have that option. We had a single room but it was a large, double-queen bed room so we didn't feel that cramped.

Free breakfast was nice. We arrived to eat several minutes before the end of the breakfast time and there was no waffle mix or eggs remaining. I thought for sure the staff would catch a cold attitude when I requested for them so close to cut-off time, but they were quick to respond "we have some more on the way". Great attitude!

The pool was sparkling and the kids loved it. The halls inside were wide and well lit.

There was an option to park on the street (at a meter) or pay a fee and use the parking garage which is what I choose. The garage parking was a bit different as you have to circle the block from the front of the hotel to enter it. It is a shared parking garage with a condo, but it felt very secure and the resulting distance was a short walk to the hotel elevators.

Tip: When I checked out I noticed that most folks checking out pulled their car up to the drive at the front door - I'm not sure if these folks used the garage or street parking, but since it was extremely hot and the front was not sun protected, I choose to push our luggage rack directly through the pool area to the garage and loaded my car under the shade of the parking garage.

I can't say anything negative about our stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dubnation
Shreveport
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in a suite and it was very comfortable. Hotel very clean. Breakfast was ok but hey it's free. In walking distance of several restaurants. Close to discovery museum and Clinton library. Great staff and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank masbray
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Hampton appears to be one of the most consistent chains, though they are individually owned and operated. I enjoyed my brief stay at this property. Parking can be a little tricky but the hotel is in a nice location with several restaurants within walking distance. Rooms are the typical Hampton size and the decor was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank businesstraveler212
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Hotel seemed a little drab, but it was within walking distance to the restaurants downtown so we didn't have to drive. Very good value for the location and rooms were clean as expected for this chain. Breakfast was pretty good and hotel bar was nice.

• Stayed July 2012