I've stayed here when it was The Peabody. As a Marriott Rewards member, I was pleased to see they had taken over, and anxious to stay here. First, let me say that the staff was top notch and provided Southern hospitality. Check in was smooth; valets always had my car ready; room service was quick and courteous. It's all pretty impressive considering there was no manager on duty.
The problem - On Friday night, the cigar lounge was closed at 7:30, despite posted hours, showing it being open until 11:00 or later. So, we decided to go to the lounge overlooking the River, only to find it closed, as well. When I called Guest Services, they said they closed because of the "low occupancy." I asked to speak to the manager, to explain that occupancy would remain low if they don't provide amenities. I was surprised when I was told that the manager left at 7:00, and no manager would be there until 11:00!
This helps explain why kids were running around everywhere and riding up and down the elevators, while amenities for adults were shut down. A very bad start, Marriott. If this is what we can expect, I'll be staying across the street at the Captal Inn on my Little Rock trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Encounter a renowned Little Rock hotel combining the epitome of luxury and convenience at the Little Rock Marriott, an Arkansas landmark as the state's only full-service Marriott. Located downtown and in the heart of the River Market District, our hotel in Little Rock provides the perfect place to stay during your visit to 'The Natural State.' With deluxe amenities and stylish decor, the Little Rock Marriott offers excellent service and accommodations for both business and leisure travelers alike. Premier among Little Rock hotels, the 418-room Marriott offers a fully equipped fitness center, Heritage Grille Steak and Fin. With 260,000 square feet of versatile event space, this Little Rock luxury hotel creates a distinguished setting for lucrative business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions. Depart from the ordinary and discover all that this luxury hotel has to offer while planning your Little Rock business travel or vacation stay today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Little Rock Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peabody Little Rock Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Hotel Little Rock
- Peabody Little Rock Hotel