“No Manager Means No Amenities”

Little Rock Marriott
Ranked #13 of 64 Hotels in Little Rock
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've stayed here when it was The Peabody. As a Marriott Rewards member, I was pleased to see they had taken over, and anxious to stay here. First, let me say that the staff was top notch and provided Southern hospitality. Check in was smooth; valets always had my car ready; room service was quick and courteous. It's all pretty impressive considering there was no manager on duty.

The problem - On Friday night, the cigar lounge was closed at 7:30, despite posted hours, showing it being open until 11:00 or later. So, we decided to go to the lounge overlooking the River, only to find it closed, as well. When I called Guest Services, they said they closed because of the "low occupancy." I asked to speak to the manager, to explain that occupancy would remain low if they don't provide amenities. I was surprised when I was told that the manager left at 7:00, and no manager would be there until 11:00!

This helps explain why kids were running around everywhere and riding up and down the elevators, while amenities for adults were shut down. A very bad start, Marriott. If this is what we can expect, I'll be staying across the street at the Captal Inn on my Little Rock trips.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BillFontes, General Manager at Little Rock Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott. We appreciate your feedback be assured we will pass along this information. We are looking to enhance our amenities for our guests and look forward to our renovation occurring in 2014. Thank you for complimenting our staff and we hope you stay at our hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

When traveling to Little Rock for work I actually try to "avoid" the Peabody because 1) the hotel rate tends to be the highest in town, 2) restaurants are nothing to write home about and overpriced and 3) customer service overall IMO is higher at nearby hotels.

When I saw that Peabody was moving to a Marriott and the rate was actually better than most in town I jumped on it! Yes, I am going to miss the Peabody ducks and their daily rituals from the top floor to the front fountain. However; for work travelers the changes that Marriott will bring will revive this hotel and likely offer good competition for them.

I could not give them 5 stars for one thing that did bother me...lack of hotel guest parking. Valet is really the only option. At $20 a day it seems high IMO. There is another option...you turn right down the street from the hotel...turn right at the light, then turn into the backside of the DoubleTree Hotel public parking for $12/day. That's not a long walk but at 95F outside with your luggage it does become a hike! So I guess you deal with the valet parking.

They have already started their $17M remodel so just be aware of noise within the hotel though they're doing a good job of alternating floors with the work being done to minimize the noise. The front staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The restaurant has a new menu & chef. Bell & valet staff are very attentive and helpful (for $20/day for valet I would expect that they would). However; I'll be excited to see the changes once complete and will consider Marriott to be my next hotel choice for downtown Little Rock.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the river
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gooch2

We appreciate your feedback about our hotel. We are glad to be apart of the Marriott family to bring a full service option to the Little Rock Community. We are glad you enjoyed our new menu and thank you for complimenting our staff. We also appreciate your feedback about our valet as we will keep note of this moving forward. Thank you for choosing the Little Rock Marriott and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were at the Marriott on a quiet weekend, when apparently no events were being held at the adjacent convention center. Our room had a very comfortable bed and an updated bath with a pedestal sink; the bathroom design was a little awkward, however, because the door opened into the toilet. There were plenty of mirrors, including a full length mirror, which I've noticed a lot of other hotels don't provide. The breakfast buffet, included with our plan, offered standard fare; pop music played loudly throughout the restaurant. The elevator areas on each floor look down on a huge atrium/lobby, and music in the lobby wafts all the way up. Our room was on the 9th floor, but fortunately, we couldn't hear the music once our door was closed. Personally, I'd prefer no music, or something a little more soothing than pop tunes. Signage in the lobby indicated a wine bar, but when we couldn't find it, we were told it "was coming." The biggest annoyance was that the only convenient parking option was valet. The reception desk rep said we could park over at the Doubletree's indoor garage or on the street, but these were less than ideal options for us. I would have thought that with the convention center right next door the Marriott would have an arrangement for self-parking, but that wasn't the case. Overall, the hotel was a decent place to stay, but I hope that with the full transition to Marriott some of the above-mentioned issues, which we have never experienced at other Marriott properties, are addressed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

VickyBee333, We do apologize your experience was not up to par. We strive to increase guest satisfaction every day as we value all of our customers. Thank you for your feedback and we hope we are able to improve our services for our guests in the future

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Extremely friendly staff who make you feel at home, nice rooms (although some views are better than others), comfortable beds, excellent restaurant, fairly spacious on-site fitness center, nice executive level club with lovely river views and warm, hospitable hosts. The hotel had recently changed from a Peabody to a Marriott before my trip, but the Marriott touches were definitely there already and Marriott Rewards members are treated well.

In regard to location, it can't be beat if your business or personal travel take you to downtown Little Rock. Many attractions are within walking distance or a short cab ride.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank pw1986

We appreciate your feedback about our hotel,patriww. We are glad to be apart of the Marriott family to bring a full service option to the Little Rock Community. We also appreciate your feedback about our fitness center and the concierge level. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Comfortable rooms, good air condition, great river view. Needs foam pillows. Great breakfast buffet. Service was excellent. Wonderful room service. Wine prices too high. La Crema at $20 per glass? Otherwise a nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for river view on 19th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Memphisbelle2013

Thank you for your feedback, Memphisbelle2013, and a BIG Thank You for staying with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

When we first booked this vacation , the hotel was The Peabody , which was famous for the Peabody Ducks. No one let us know that Marriott bought the hotel and the ducks were no longer there. Big disappointment. The room was nice & comfortable , the manager tried to sell us on how nice the flatscreen tv was since there weren't any ducks. We went to the RIverfest Music Festival which was great .

Room Tip: Since the hotel was recently renovated , I would guess that most rooms are good. You should ask for...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Kimodo23, We are excited to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and was able to take advantage of our local attractions. So sorry that we no longer have the ducks but we are glad that you still enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed at the Peabody in Little Rock, Arkansas, and I would stay again in a heartbeat. This is one of my favorite places to stay in the country. I travel frequently, and I love this hotel. It is the standard by which I judge other hotels. This hotel has a fabulous (albeit expensive) breakfast buffet, it has live music sometimes on the outdoor bar, it has a DUCK PARADE, and it has beautiful views of the Arkansas River. I have stayed in other hotels in Little Rock but this one is my favorite. The service has always been wonderful, the rooms were clean, and it is just such a beautiful property. The gym was very nice, as well. I once went to this hotel as a part of a 200+ group of military personnel in town on an exercise, and a substantial number of us were able to work out in the morning, without needing to wait for any of the equipment. If that's not a good test of a gym's quality, I don't know what is.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Sarah G. Thank you for your feedback. We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope you come stay with us again in the future.