“Food is pretty good, but service can definitely suck!”
Review of Lulav and V Lounge

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Louisiana
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have dined at Lulav about 3 times in the last month and while the food has consistenly been pretty good, the service has consistently sucked. On our first and again on the most recent visit (this week), we watched a table or two of diners get up and leave because nobody ever came to wait on them. On our visit this week, it appeared the bartender was also the waiter for the entire restaurant. That in itself would not be bad situation if he was a good waiter. :( He was rather snotty to some in our party and just had a general condescending attitude in general. I mean really - how uppity can you be if you are waiting tables for a living???

It's really a sad situation, because all of the reviews I have read here or elsewhere complain about how lousy the service is. I don't care how good your food is - a restaurant with consistent reviews of lousy service will die quickly - it doesn't matter how much they change and/or upgrade the menu.

Now that we have just discovered this place, I will certainly miss it when it is gone.

There are newer reviews for Lulav and V Lounge

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Lulav (now the Italian Kitchen) used to be one of my favorite restaurants in Little Rock! I have been there twice in the last 3 months and unfortunately it has really gone down hill. At first I thought I just caught it on an "off night" but this last visit confirmed the previous visits impression. Here's the differences:
1) The service is REALLY slow and the waiters/waitresses are a bit rude now (same service on two separate occasions so I think this is now consistent). Waiter was very rude to my vegetarian friend's request about ingredients in a certain dish (very unprofessional).
2) The food is still good but not great. Portions are nice sized but flavors are not as robust and their presentation is lacking. I had the Lamb Sirloin and it came with asparagus and Spaetzle. Not a very good presentation/appeal on the plate; lamb sirloin was tougher than you would expect.
3) Wine selection is not as good. They used to have an excellent and often eclectic wine selection; now, the wine selections are limited and even if they have it on the menu they probably don't have it in stock. I asked for 3 different varietals before we found one they actually had in stock (and no I wasn't asking for high end wine)

The only redeeming thing about the entire visit was the Choco martini - it was fantastic! But not good enough to bring me back for quite a while until they figure out the service and food quality issues.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food was great but service not so much. Took a long time for service to come to our table and they couldn't remember what we had ordered. Would have enjoyed an imported beer option but was told they had nothing I would want. Uncomfortable booth seating on one side. We had visited Lulav numerous times in the past and had more pleasant experiences.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Yesterday (2/16/13) was the first time I've been to The Italian Kitchen at Lulav. It was delicious! The atmosphere is great too. I recommend this eatery!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I went with a party of seven. I had to ask for refills several times, but my server kept forgetting. He also spilled ice and water on the table during a refill and never cleaned it up. It was still there when we left. He said he would keep bringing us bread but never did, even when we requested it. We paid $16 for one serving of bread.
I had the sea bass. It was pretty good, but I won't remember the restaurant for the food.