“Nice Stay”

Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Peoria, Arizona
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Easy check in. Good breakfast. Unit very clean albeit a bit old. This is a very clean but not updated hotel. The staff were very personable and eager to assist. The continental breakfast was OK for this kind of hotel. The place is quiet and I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn in Cedar City. We appreciate your business and you positive review. Hope to see you again, soon.
Don Oswald
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Very pleasant front desk staff. The breakfast looked great, but the space allotted for eating it is woefully inadequate for the number of guests. It is prominently posted that the food cannot leave the eating area. We gave up and ate at Denny's. Remodel and expand the breakfast nook!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room, and received a nice one toward the back of the property.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate your business as well as your comments. You must of stayed during the SUU Graduation weekend. We were swamped with big families, sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks again for staying.
Don Oswald
Sandy, Utah, United States
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had no reservation and took a room at the the Quality Inn (where apparently the word Poor had fallen off the beginning of the sign). The room was dark when I entered... there was a peculiar odor, but once I found the light and turned it on, the dim illumination for the lamp revealed a splendidly retro 1970's decor. Unfortunately, it wasn't retro, just old and nasty... the gouges in the wall and the stains on the carpet should have alerted me to the poor choice I had made, but I was weary and hungry, so I thought it would be ok... Then the phone rang... I searched but couldn't find it. The place was set up much like a one bedroom apartment, a living room and a kitchenette, then deeper in the bathroom and behind it the bedroom, it was in the back that I found the phone, when I tried to pick up the 70's model phone, the receiver was suck to the base station, presumably by some sort of sticky body fluids from previous tenants... then, when the phone headset finally broke free of the base, the line had gone dead... I tried to call back, but the phone didn't actually work, they could not hear me, though I could hear them... So, I gave up and washed my hands... thoroughly. I then went out for some dinner. After eating I came back and read a book for a little before turning in. As I entered the bathroom, I turned on the light in it for the first time and observed the smashed tile work, moldy walls with the peeing wallpaper and the brownish red stains on the tub and floor. The limescale on the fixtures obscured some of the stains, but the best part was the remains of soiled toilet paper still on the floor. I carefully made use of the facilities as I had need to and no alternative, then went out and washed in that manner of one who has experienced a deep trauma. I then checked for bed bugs, but found no trace, only smeared and smudged leavings of past tenants across the headboard. I went to my car and retrieved my sidearm, assuming that if murder had indeed been done in this place, I would not be on the victims end if it came calling again this night! I pulled the bed away from the wall and huddled up and tried to sleep as best I could. When mooring came I left as quickly as possible, reported the circumstances of my misfortune to the front desk clerk (who by the way were cheerful and indeed helpful, quite nice girls both the day before and that morning). Told her of my dismay for overpaying for a room in such condition and left with a vow to never again return to the "Poor" Quality Inn in Cedar City Utah.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms wherein death may have occurred.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I am sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations. I assure you had you gone back to the Front Desk and asked for a refund, we would have been more than happy to refund your money and let you go some place else. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Travelers are raving about these Cedar City hotels

Phoenix
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our experience staying at Quality Inn Cedar City was very good. The staff was very friendly and the location of our room was great since we had a small service dog with us. The full breakfast was excellent and jjust what we need to get on the road for the last leg of our trip back to Surprise Arizona.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn - Cedar City. We appreciate your business and your comments. Hope to see you again, soon.

D. Oswald
Guardamar del segura
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We've done a six week road trip, trying not to spend much more than $50 a night. The first price quoted on this room was $88, but the voucher rate was $55. This hotel compared very favourably to other hotels in the $60, but I wouldn't have wanted to pay the highest quoted rate. Beds comfortable, clean, quiet, Denny's , macdonald and I hop within walking distance, although the hotel does a hot breakfast. There is a pool and hot tub. Staff were lovely..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Anne Lorraine S
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for choosing us, we appreciate it and also appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks again.
D. Oswald
Green River, Utah
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Service was great rooms comfortable location easy to get to plenty of parking, good breakfast,clean eating area, clean neat outside area pillows are small but great to sleep on, no issue on this trip at all

• Stayed April 2014
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you very much for the stay as well as the great review. Hope to see you again, soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The staff was very friendly both during check-in and in the morning during breakfast. The free breakfast was nice and had a good variety of food to choose from. The hotel is a little older and shows some wear-and-tear, but is a great place to stay for the value. The TVs have a good selection of channels. The bedding is typical for this level of hotel.
Pros:
Above average breakfast
Proximity to freeway
Friendly staff
Pool/Hot tub

Cons:
Rooms show wear-and-tear

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
We appreciate your business and the review. Hope to see you again soon.