“Old moth filled and scary”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Spokane, Washington
“Old moth filled and scary”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Staying as a single female. Checked in at night. Had to walk through a dark parking lot filled with men standing around to get to my room. Walked thru clouds if cigarette smoke from the people staying in the first floor as I climbed the stairs to the 2nd floor room. Was greeted by at least 5 large moths in the room. No dead bolt, had to move a table in front of the door. Awoken to the sound of a garbage truck idling and the beautiful sound of it beeping as it backed up at 6am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Sheri H
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Sorry we weren't able to meet your expectations. I'm sorry to say that very little of your comments are within our control. The moth problem; happens every year in the first half of September. As they migrate we get to be part of their world for 3 to 4 days. Since we only have NonSmoking rooms, outside is where the smokers go to do their thing. Utah Clean Air Act states that they should be 25 feet from the building, which is very difficult to enforce. The Safelok door system in which we use has a deadbolt system built into it. Lastly, the beeping garbage truck was not ours, we haul our own trash to the local dump and I promise you, we don't it at 6am. Our local dump site doesn't even open until 9 am. Sorry for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Mesa, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Our 16th night in a motel we were in frugal mode and could stay here on points but did not have enough for the Comfort Suites, so we booked it and we got what we paid for (LOL!). It's in a depressing neighborhood, although it is next door to the top rated Abbey Inn and convenient to restaurants and gas stations. The room was shabby and needed a deep cleaning. No screen on the window, the bathroom door squeaked horribly, the beds were badly made, etc. We did not get our wakeup call. Breakfast was okay - after you got used to the coffee coming out of spigots in the wall!
I didn't know there were Comfort Inns at several other exits near Cedar City or we might have stayed in one of them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MarianReader
I'm sorry to hear that we didn't live up to your expectations. I hope that upon discovering the things you spoke of that you would have contacted the Front Desk. It may have been possible to move you to a different room that would have been okay for you. If we weren't able to find another room that met your expectations we would have offered to refund your money or points and let you go to a different property. We try very hard to please our guests, sometime this means letting them go somewhere else. Thanks for staying, I just wish we had the opportunity to make things right with you.

Travelers are raving about these Cedar City hotels

Elma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our room clean. The rug at the door entrance was stained a little, but again our room was clean and no bugs or mold. We used the pool and it was clean also. The breakfast room was large and very nice and the food was plentiful. And for $79.50 with tax, I was happy. And I slept all night. If I were this area again, I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn- Cedar City. We appreciate you staying with us and also your comments. Your high marks are much appreciated. Yes we are older but try very hard at keeping the place up. Thanks again for staying.
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

we checked in on a saturday night, got our keys and rushed to the movie theater to catch a movie. When we returned later to occupy our room, we found an extremely filthy room with a hideway bed that was broken and unusable, stains everywhere, trash from female higene products under the bed, spiders in the bathroom and it smelled bad. We went to the office to see about getting another room and the desk help was extremely rude, refused to move us or refund our money. We insisted that the general manager be called, which he was. He was just as rude and inatentive to our concerns. The room was so bad, that we ended up not staying there and the motel refused to refund our money. We will never stay there again and as a Diamond member of Choice Hotels, I cannot believe they are an afiliate of that company, because everywhere else that I have stayed with a Choice Hotel affiliated motel, the service has been wonderful. The worst experience that we have ever had with a Hotel. Will never stay there again.

Room Tip: do not stay at this Hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Monty M
I would like this review removed, according to the guest he didn't even stay in the room. Thus I feel that it should be removed. And the truth was that after occupying the room for 9 hours the guest wanted his money back, we refused stating that no refund is due after 9 hours had past. Please remove this review because the guest claims that he didn't stay. Thanks,
Don Oswald
Gen. Mgr.
Bishop, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Due to limited options we stayed at the Cedar City Quality Inn, checkin was easy as it should be. The room was old and run down which is tolerable BUT the room smelled like it was once a smoking room, numerous stains on the carpet and NOT thoroughly cleaned especially the bathroom. We kept having problems with the room key/lock having the cards re-keyed numerous times which did not solve the problem, never once did they offer a room change. Also Wi-Fi was unreliable in our room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1RedRider1
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
I am sorry to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. You are correct, that had there been a complaint about the cleanliness of the room the Front Desk Clerk should have offered to move you or had a housekeeper come by and fix the problem. I wish I knew which room you stayed in so I could back track to see who cleaned it and who the clerk was on duty. We did an evening or two of poor WiFi due to the electrical storms we were having but that was resolved. Again, I am sorry for the problems you had.
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The staff at this hotel was great. They were friendly, professional and easy to talk with. The check-in and check-out process was simple and fast.

But, the hotel is kind of run down. It's one of those places where you park your car right in front of you hotel room door. It was clean, the bed was comfortable, the shower worked great, but you can tell this hotel has taken a beating over the years. I paid $89 for a Saturday night stay. I think for this hotel, $59 would be a lot more reasonable. Still, it was the least expensive option in Cedar City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn-Cedar City. We appreciate your comments and your business. We strive to be the best we can be. Thanks again for staying. Hope to see you again. soon.
Layton, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

This was my first stay at the Quality Inn in Cedar City. Up front, I want to emphasize that my impression of the staff was great. Everyone who assisted me in any way was very nice and helped me with every need. I also want to make it clear that the motel staff seem to be making the best of the resources available to them. My room was as clean as it could possibly be given what the staff was working with. The room smelled fresh, the bed was comfortable, and the comforter and linens were perfect for my needs. Even though the location is right off of the freeway, with the air conditioner on I couldn't hear any traffic noise at all. In fact, it was completely quiet in my room and I slept really well.

Unfortunately, the room had some issues. The carpet was heavily stained, there was peeling paint in places, and the toilet needed either a new fill kit or a serious adjustment. The fixtures and furnishings in the room seemed like an odd combination of updated and outdated. Nice shower curtain and shower head, old shower surround (with a broken safety bar). Clean, newer mini-fridge, old vanity sink, nice vanity faucet.

I loved that there was instant and steady hot water, and the TV and selection of channels was good. But the TV remote was broken and held together by worn-out tape. I skipped the breakfast because a colleague mentioned to me that her breakfast the day before had included moldy biscuits.

So overall, I would recommend staying here for a good night's sleep at a good price. I would not recommend the hotel, however, for anyone who needs an immaculately clean and up-to-date place to stay (which in this town at this time of year costs a whole lot more to get).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RJSP
Don O, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn-Cedar City. We appreciate your business, and your comments. We truly strive to be the friendliest and most accommodating property in town, our staff is terrific and enjoy their jobs. We do some sort of remodeling project every year and will evaluate what we need to do to make all of our rooms fresher and more appealing. Again, Thanks for staying with us.