“"What a Mistake, Never Again"”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
Torrance, California, USA
“"What a Mistake, Never Again"”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Of all the places one could stay in Cedar City, UT. we had to choose Quality Inn because of the internedt website we saw. What a mistake! This establishment was not clean especially the room assigned to us. The bathroom really needs to be given a good disinfecting cleansing. The carpet had a iron shaped burn and also needed cleaning. We couldn't check in early, and the staff on duty was not very hospitable. Right across the street was an Abby Inn that was so much nicer. Never again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dennis L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
California City, California
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The moment we walked in, staff was not welcoming, we did not feel like customers, we felt more like were a nuisance. Parking was bad, days happen when parking gets really full but it would be nice if you get warned about the bad parking situation especially when you have little kids and a lot of luggage. No elevators, so travel light. Hot breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs that was probably powdered because even my little daughter said there was powder iin her eggs. Rooms were not clean too, used up all of the Lysol spray we bought, carpets dirty.

Room Tip: No elevators, get a first floor room if you have a lot of luggage and kids.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cedar City hotels

Salt Lake CIty
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed here two nights while attending the Shakespear Festival. There is nothing special about this hotel but the rooms were clean and comfortable. For the price, this was a great value.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is the second time I have stayed at this Quality Inn. I booked the second stay because I had been satisfied with the first (a couple of years ago). We found the room comfortable, well-lit, clean, spacious, etc., and found no fault with it. I will say the front desk staff was off-putting, with a bit of a passive-aggressive attitude, but what the hey. Also, I sure wish they would just sweep the parking lot from time to time to clear it of the trash, cigarette stubs, etc. that accumulates around the curbs (I have this same complaint about the Econo Lodge nearby). After checking in and then seeing the parking lot I was feeling less than great about booking there, but relaxed after seeing the room itself. I feel this hotel gives good value for the $$$. We did not bother with the breakfast the next morning but we don't usually expect much in that regard anyway. Oh, one other thing put me a bit on edge: when I gave my credit card to the desk clerk she stepped away out of sight into another area to run it instead of doing it right there at the check-in desk as is usually done. I didn't like this.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Moniquepeep
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This hotel was pretty good for the price. The staff was very friendly. The room was VERY large with a lot of furniture and places to sit and put things. The decor was not bad... a little outdated but it was a clean and comfy room. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel this is not it... but if you are looking for a clean, safe, and quiet hotel this is it! Didn't hear a thing at night and slept very good! Free internet but it was slow loading videos and playing videos online. However, the breakfast was not much to be excited about. The eggs were almost inedible and a lot of the "homeade" food was not very good. They had other items like donuts and toast, fruit, etc. so it was not a complete loss. All in all we would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 21, 2011

I booked a room for me and the kids so that we could get an early start to a ski day in Brian Head. I did not count on there being no power when we checked in. Because of the power outage, the rooms did not have any heat - didn't matter since the computers were down and could not check us in. The clerk told us he didn't know how long the power would be out and told me that we'd have to work with Expedia for the refund.

Imagine how surprised I was when I called Expedia and their subsequent conversation with the manager ended with, "I'll have to talk to the clerk from that night and then will consider a refund - the power was out only a short time."

Well, I didn't like that response - this should have been a no-brainer, right? So I called the hotel directly to speak to the manager, some idiot named Don. Don was rude and very unfriendly - when he told me that the power was out only 5 minutes and that I should have stuck around to check in (even though the clerk that night had no idea how long it would be out and the other people at the desk had been waiting 15 minutes - yes, Don lied about the duration of the outage) I told him I could always dispute the charges with my credit card company and make sure he got poor reviews on all the web review sites. He told me that I just helped him make his decision and then he hung up on me.

So, I say book this place at your own risk - there's a place called America's Best Value Inn a block away with rooms for 1/2 the price (that's where we ended up). It wasn't a great room but it was as good as the Quality Inn and had MUCH better customer service!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank ncurry1968
Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I don't know about the rest of the smokers in this country, but, I am damned sick and tired of the lousiest accommodations available for my "Legal" habit. I would sue for discrimination, if I thought it would prove a point. The room was filthy, and the only rooms available were on the top floor. We are in our 50's, and boy, what a blast hauling those suitcases up the stairs. Just because people smoke, doesn't mean that they live in filth. Get a cleaning crew up there, and make a travelers stay worth the money!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple