“Good breakfast, decent rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Cedar City
El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
“Good breakfast, decent rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2007

We like to travel in the off-season without hotel reservations. We rolled into town and saw this location in our AAA book, gave them a call and asked for a pet room (we often travel with a 70-lb. pooch). No problem! The room was average, clean; also had mini-frige and microwave. We were in a downstairs unit and we're pretty sure the folks upstairs were a family of elephants (for more peace, choose the second floor rooms). Breakfast room was large with booths; waffles, donuts, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, etc. etc. Something for everyone. Plenty of restaurants nearby of varying prices, as well.

• Liked — Pet friendly (didn't ask about pet's size)
  • Disliked — Bed too hard for our taste
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ZoomLady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

My boyfriend and I were driving from Denver to San Diego and Cedar City was our mid-point. We stopped for the night and found everything much better than we expected. The room was clean, the bathroom was large, the sheets were actually quite comfortable (although not as nice as a Sheraton or Westin of course). The wireless internet did work flawlessly. The hot breakfast the next morning is nothing to write home about, but is much better than a cold continental breakfast. We found the location very convenient off the major highway and customer service was friendly and efficient. If I had to make that drive again, I wouldn't hesitate at staying at this motel again.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SanDiegoMHDS
Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

Looking at the earlier reviews on this property after I got back from my trip this September, I was somewhat shocked to see the level of negative reviews. Simply put - this property was likely the best of all of the motel/hotels I stayed at outside of one in Vegas. The front desk was extremely friendly, the room was spotless and quiet, the bed comfortable, and the room had a micro fridge and the shower was decent. The area near this property is excellent - there are multiple fast food options for food within easy walking distance as well as a gas station/convenience store right across the street. The wireless internet actually worked (that's a rarity, I'm finding) as well.

Highly recommended. Perhaps management has changed since 2006 (the last date of the last review, I believe), I don't know, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat without any question.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank NashvlMike
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2005

I stayed 2 nights. The first night the power went off. The shower was barely luke warm the next morning. The second night the power went off, the following morning, the shower was ice cold. Another visitor told me that they had known about it early in the morning because every time the power goes out, the hot water circuit breakers pop. They blamed it on an inexperienced employee. I complained to their main office but never got a response.
There several other places to stay in Cedar City and I would choose one of them before returning to this place.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Cedar City hotels

Phoenix,AZ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2004

Easy on/off freeway 15. Seemed empty in early afternoon. They put us next to a stairway on the second floor. Pool was cold. The jacuzzi was not
as clean as it should be with garbage littering the
area. Later a crowd showed up and noisy people
were up and down the exterior stairs all evening,
drinking and circulating from room to room on either side of our room. Front desk finally moved us. I never expected noisy drunks in UTAH. Our hotel in Vegas was quieter,maybe because Vegas
doesn't tolerate trouble and they have their own security guards. The new room had ants crawling in the bathtub area but the front desk would not move us again. My wife refused to take a shower in that area.If I would have known all this, motel 6 was $20 cheaper with the same red neck clientele and atmoshpere. Next time, I avoid Cedar City party town cowboy saturday nights.

The breakfast in the morning was just okay.
But overall this hotel has no style or ambience.
Stick to Salt Lake or Vegas for better hotels.

3 Thank Seasoned-Traveler88
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2003

We stayed two nights at the Comfort Inn. The room was clean but slightly old. It bothered me to walk bare foot on the carpet. Our biggest complaint was, our non smoking room smelled of HEAVY smoke.
Luckily, I had just bought a new candle and ended up burning it the whole time. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice and large.
Although,the pool was not heated enough for the cold season, so my girls couldn't swim very long. Which was sad, because the pool was the reason we chose the Comfort Inn. The price wasn't bad, but I would rather have paid more some where else and had a more satisfying stay.

• Stayed December 2003