“Shabby rooms, that cost more, for people with pets”

Best Western Town & Country Inn
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Cedar City
Reviewed July 22, 2010

I paid higher and received a shabby crappy room with a couch not good enough for good will. The comforter was drab and old, as was everything else in the room. All this cost $25 more than nonpet rooms.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,618)

Reviewed July 18, 2010

This Inn is actually two motels across the street from one another. It is conveniently located yet not on the freeway. There is an outdoor pool and and indoor pool. It includes a full breakfast which is what one would expect at a motel and it has lots of food options. It is convenient to the Shakespeare Festival, across the street from a nice park which often has fairs of various sorts and offers various room configurations. We have stayed here quite a few times and have enjoyed the larger family suites (two rooms) with three queen beds or two queens beds and a quality pullout. They have recently upgraded some of these family suites with flat screen TV's. There is a restaurant onsite.

• Stayed: June 2010
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at Best Western Town & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We are delighted that you enjoy our family suites and double queen suites. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in Cedar City!

Reviewed June 26, 2010

Hotel is out end of town and has buildings on both sides of street so we checked in at one but had to go across to the other. Remodled rooms, very nice and soft beds. Only issue was that you could hear everything in parking lot and in rooms next door. For teh price we would however stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

This Best Western ranks with the best we have visited! The front desk staff, housekeeping staff and everyone we met were friendly and very professional. The rooms have recently been renovated -- in fact, the outside was still being renovated. Extremely comfortable pillow-top beds, great showers, super-clean rooms. The breakfast included hot dishes like scrambled eggs or sausage - this was the only motel we stayed at where the breakfast had enough protein to give us the energy we needed for days of hiking and cycling. Cedar City has a very clean, pretty downtown area with a small selection of stores. We enjoyed walking the town at night - much more so than if we had stayed in one of the hotels near I-15. There is a park across the street and a great walking/biking trail starts a few blocks to the east. For restaurants, the Pastry Pub has really fine lunch and dinner items -- its about a block away. The Grind coffeehouse was also good. Although we were "stucK' here for 2 days because of cold/wet weather ( we were on our motorcycle), we thoroughly enjoyed the stay -- enough to stop again a few days later on our way home. A grocery store is across the street.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at Best Western Town & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We always enjoy hearing how well our staff are doing and I will be sure to pass that along. I'm glad breakfast gave you the energy and stamina needed to enjoy the wonderful areas surrounding Cedar City.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I spent 2 nights at the hotel and enjoyed everything. The staff was friendly and knowledgable. The renovated room I was in was clean and comfortable.There were plenty of options on their hot breakfast too. Although I did not have time, there was a new fitness center and either an indoor or outdoor pool to enjoy. Location allowed me to walk everywhere. I will be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We appreciate hearing our guest's experiences so that we may continually improve. We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast and hope that you have time to use our great amenities the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed April 22, 2010

My wife and I were on our way to Las Vegas for the weekend but due to poor weather we felt we needed to pull off the freeway and keep going the following morning. We ended up at the Best Western Town & Country Inn because we're loyal to Best Western.

This hotel was sharp! I inquired of the desk clerk about the modern and colorful rooms and he informed me that they have been open for only about a month after being closed for 6 months for a complete renovation. The rooms were breathtaking, Our bed had a pillowtop on it that made my wife and I want to stay in bed until checkout. Our bathroom was white and clean. Beautiful Granite walls in the shower engulfed us. However, It did look like they will be focusing on the outside of the building this summer because this area looked largely untouched by the renovation.

The Breakfast facility was brand new and large. I'll bet there were 40 other guests sitting at their own tables when we were enjoying our Waffles. Wish we could expect this from all Best Westerns!

We didn't have time to visit the game room or the library or their fitness facility that the desk clerk had told us about. But I'd bet on the fact that next time we pass through Cedar City we'll stop in again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
BW_TownandCountry, Manager at Best Western Town & Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We appreciate hearing our guest's experiences so that we may continually improve. I'm glad you enjoyed our new facilities and amenities. We hope you have time to visit the amenities that you missed next time you stay with us.

Reviewed April 11, 2010

First of all, the hotel is really two hotels separated by a city street. Never saw that before. Check in was fine, the counter personnel were very nice and allowed me to check in early. I know why; there was no one at the hotel.

I took my things up to my room, a king Suite. The door to the room was disgusting. I'm not sure what was all over it but I looked around and mine was not the only one. The door was also very noisy every time I left the room. I felt sorry for the neighbors.

I opened the door and was initially surprised at how nice the room was. It was L shaped with the bedroom being in the smaller part of the L. That is where the love affair ended.

The shower would not get hot. It was warm at best. After a long day, I wanted a hot shower. But I could not get the water hot. I understand they have to shield themselves from the liability of scalding guests, but this was way below that threshold.

The heater/cooler in the room was so temperamental, I finally just left it on permanently. If I tried to get the temperature just right, the thing would not turn back on. The bad part about the L shaped room is that the heat/cooler was in the front of the room so you had to make it awful hot in front just to have a comfortable temp in the rear. Poorly designed.

The room comes with a microwave and fridge. But there were NO utensils! I didn't find this out until after I brought back a microwave dinner. Great. Back out for dinner. I chose to stay on property and visit the Sizzler.

What a mistake eating at Sizzler was!! It was $17 for dinner for one and was horrible. The baked halibut was dry and had enough bones to be a turn off. I would have been better going for a fish sandwich at McDonald's down the street.

After a long day of mountain biking, I decided to go use the hot tub. You could barely breath the chlorine was so high. I was actually coughing from the chlorine. Only one jet was working, the other four were missing their heads. The pool was long for swimming laps so that was nice.

All-in-all, I would not stay at this BW again. I frequent BW's all the time because of their reliability but this is the worst review I have ever written about one. And I am here for another three nights! ARGH...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris_G_2008

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We appreciate hearing our guest's experiences so that we may continually improve. We hope you give us another chance to serve you.
We encourage you to talk to the Front Desk should you have any needs that arise. For example, we do have utensils in our breakfast room, and would be happy to bring you the items you need.